X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked the standings on espn and the turds have been passed

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      ...from Fred VanVleet and Ron Baker, to Conner Frankamp and Landry Shamet.

Thoughts?
      Based on what I just witnessed I think you may be on to something.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        I'm not drawing conclusions based on one year, but you look at Fred's freshman year and Landry's and it's not that close.
        Landry is much closer to Ron in his freshman year. Landry is statistically much better.
        Livin the dream

Comment

I really love Connor at the 2. He's been much better since that switch. Maybe that's why he has his swagger back. A position he's comfortable with.

Landry just needs to tighten up his passes and he'll make a serviceable PG who can score. These two are quite the duo.

Comment

A/TO

Shamet - 2.85 (77/27)
            Frankamp - 3.72 (67/18)

Combined - 3.2

then just for grins and chuckles

Reaves - 2.2 (33/15)

Considering that all 3 of those guys should probably be considered combo guards instead of true point guards, that's some pretty lofty stats.

Freshmen should never be relied on to play point. The position is hard to learn and benefits from some maturity and experience. At the start of the season, Shamet was the 3rd of 4th option at point.

Frankamp has really come on strong since he's been switched almost exclusively to playing SG. Converting high-scoring HS SG's to playing PG in college is kind of a trial and error thing. Reaves may be the exception. He was a high-scoring HS PG. He was also the tallest guy on the team.

If we're passing a torch, I'd be passing it to Reaves and Shamet. That's not a slight against Frankamp, but Frankamp and Shamet are going to have maybe a year and a half of holding down the perimeter spots. Shamet and Reaves, being in the sane class, will fit the role of "torch bearers" a little better.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I guess that I don't know what torch bearers means. All I know is that the past few weeks, Shamet and Frankamp have been getting increased playing time (without researching it, I'd guess 25-30 minutes per game). I think that this trend will continue maybe this year and perhaps next. Whatever you say about either ashamed and Frankamp, while ashamed handles the ball more than Conner but Conner is doing his share of initiating the offense too. The offense seems to suffer a little when both Landry and Conner are not on the court.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the entire point of this thread was a joke directed at the fact that other valley boards have been trying to say "the torch has been passed" whenever they can even remotely field a competitive team. So then you open up the thread and it says "from one wsu crew to another" rather than from wsu to the other school who is delusional...

Comment

Working...
                X