Shaq Morris--Shocker X-Factor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    I asked Shaq about this earlier and he said he's 100% not pursuing a football career; he's focused on basketball.

Comment

• I’m not sure shaq has the work ethic it takes to be a professional athlete in the NFL or NBA.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Aargh
        Aargh commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm rather confident of the answer to that issue. I'm not going to state my opinion for fear that it may induce apoplexy in some posters.

• Shaq if to soft for football any way. He will make some cash over seas. He is not an NBA player.

Comment

• SweetShocker
        SweetShocker commented
        Editing a comment
        What was Shaq's major at Wichita State? Perhaps he should fall back on that. I hope that he is someone that didn't treat college as only a means to an end of becoming a professional athlete. How many people make that mistake. What a waste of time and education. Hopefully, he is not one of those.

• Shaq’s NBA problem isn’t work ethic - it’s that he’s a 6’8” C.

Comment

• shock
        shock commented
        Editing a comment
        No, he is Jamarcus Russell. Plenty of talent but no self discipline.

• Shaq will be signing autographs tomorrow at Doodah Diner from 1-2 and Tad's East from 4-5....

Comment

• Why all the Shaq hate? My granddaughter was thrilled to get his autograph at Tad's. Good luck to you Shaq; wish you the best.
        "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Aargh
          Aargh commented
          Editing a comment
          There is an answer to that question. I'm quite confident you don't want to hear it.

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
        Why all the Shaq hate? My granddaughter was thrilled to get his autograph at Tad's. Good luck to you Shaq; wish you the best.
        Seriously. Dude was easily one of our best players this season and made huge strides from his freshman season.

But there's no satisfying some folks, especially on here.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Seriously. Dude was easily one of our best players this season and made huge strides from his freshman season.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Any news on summer teams for any of our guys? I figured a few of them would get a shot

Comment

On a team that underachieved, there were players who could have altered that course.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISASO View Post

On a team that underachieved, there were players who could have altered that course.
                I mean, if we're going to play that game (which I believe is still an exercise in futility), Shaq is probably not the one to point fingers at. Per KenPom, he was MVP for seven conference games. I think our woes could be better chalked up to:

1. New conference, which has players that are a step above the Valley athletically
                2. McDuffie being injured and never really getting back to full strength during the season
                3. No Chris Jans

Sometimes, the answer isn't to find someone to blame. Our players were what they were at some point.

Comment

• Totally agree with KV's comments.

Those fans who want someone to blame are most likely the ones who were shouting and predicting Final 4 and NC, way before last season ever began.

Disappointed? Yeah, and even this year, with only three returnees who did not play much last year, and rarely stood out when they did, and 10 brand new recruits who have never played together, perhaps we should solidly support this team and enjoy their improvement, game by game.

Its going to be a fun year seeing our new, more athletic, players develop. And that's the important thing.

I don't disagree that last year, we discovered that several of the new conference schools had one or more players who were slightly more athletic than a couple of our players. But this was never across the board, and we too had Shaq and others who were certainly more athlete than some of their players as well.

Oh, and just how then did our under athletic players and team somehow finish 2nd in the conference standings at the end of the year? Coaching helped, but the coaches were not the ones out there on the floor banging heads.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                    ShockingButTrue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Have to agree with most of this. I consider true road wins at O. State, Baylor, and Cinn. and a 4 seed a pretty successful season.

What I didn't like was players basically "mailing it in" with flu like symptoms at unusually high rate, as my memory best serves. Curious.

• Shaq was 1st Team at AAC, enough said. You guys are feeding the troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Shaq was 1st Team at AAC, enough said. You guys are feeding the troll.
                    Nonsense. I must destroy my opponents and stomp them into submission. :)

Comment

Working...
                    X