No announcement yet.

Shaq Morris--Shocker X-Factor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Shaq act? Six Shocker seniors, now free to take jobs, star in comical new TV ad http://www.kansas.com/entertainment/...207108804.html
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Shaq is a great young man with a very charasmatic personality. Has a big heart and is easy to talk too when you meet him. Sky is the limit for this guy, Little foubt in my mind that he could be successful in a variety of professional careers including basketball. Not saying NBA (I know he is undersized for position), but oversees can be a great opportunity. Will miss watching him play in the Shocker uniform.

Comment

• Shaq to participate in this year's Portsmouth Invitational.

http://goshockers.com/news/2018/4/2/...itational.aspx

Fans can watch live streaming off all games, plus combine testing on the mornings of April 11 and 12, through the event's website – portsmouthinvitational.com.

Comment

• Shaq has his first PIT game tonight at 8 p.m. central streamed on YouTube. He's playing with Portsmouth Partnership and will square off against a team with four former opponents: Marcus Lee (Cal), Jo Lual-Acuil (Baylor), Matt Farrell (ND) and Gary Clark (Cincy). Incidentally, Shaq is the heaviest player in the tournament at 279. Next heaviest is Jock Landale, a center from St. Mary's at 255.

Rosters: https://www.portsmouthinvitational.c...8-team-rosters

Streams: http://www.netcastsports.com
          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Cdizzle
            Cdizzle commented
            Editing a comment
            Sidenote: I watched Landale play a fair amount this season and did not get the hype. I mean, he was a very good college player, I just didn't see anything else.

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
          Incidentally, Shaq is the heaviest player in the tournament at 279. Next heaviest is Jock Landale, a center from St. Mary's at 255.]
          Either Shaq had regained quite a bit of weight in the last month or the roster info is based on outdated info assuming what was reported in this article is accurate:

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Either Shaq had regained quite a bit of weight in the last month or the roster info is based on outdated info assuming what was reported in this article is accurate:

Darn Carlos O'Kelly's...
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Darn Carlos O'Kelly's...
              He didnt double dip okay!? Jeez

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It's likely that they took the weight from the GoShockers roster, which, as the article states, is outdated now. I would think they would measure and weigh these guys as part of the combines, but that might not be available yet.
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Rosters: https://www.portsmouthinvitational.c...8-team-rosters

Anyone else notice Norfolk Sports Club is coached by Mike Head and Mark Butts? Is Beavis on the bench too?

Comment

• Shaq for three
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Did anybody else see any of this. I watched bits and pieces. Saw Shaq make two threes and miss a couple. Hung around the perimeter and looked very lazy both running (?) the court and closing out defensively
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                        ShockdaWorld commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I saw pretty much the same, although I only saw the second half. He had bursts of “high energy”, but seemed like he was completely worn out the majority of the time. It was a little hard to tell how he was actually playing, because it looked like some sort of really low level all star game where everybody was just trying to get theirs.

• ShockingButTrue
                        ShockingButTrue commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Why would anyone be surprised by this coming from Shaq? I love the big guy, but come on...

• Did anybody watch him today?

Comment

• Shaq needs to be in a disciplined system to be effective, otherwise he’ll resort back to old habits.

Comment

• SweetShocker
                          SweetShocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree. I saw Shaq at the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament and he seemed like the Shaq that coach Marshall got when he first became a Shocker. I realize that they designated him a forward, but he still seemed lazy.It is apparent that he is too heavy for the forward position and he runs out of gas.If he could reduce his weight to 260, he might have a chance.I didn't see his combine results so i don't know where he stands with that. It is possible that he may not even make it in a foreign league. I hope that i am wrong about that.

• He weighed around 260 at the end of the season, now is over 275–trending up.

Not sure who is advising him and getting paid based on his success but between the gain and odd performance at Portsmouth but that person is either very dumb or being ignored by Shaq.

He does have a rap video out though....

Comment

• I was somewhat saddened by the little I saw at PIT. I really hope he gets back on the right track. There’s a lot of money to be made out there if he does.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                          X