Shaq Morris--Shocker X-Factor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxplode View Post
    Best senior year post player from the Turgeon/Marshall era? Miller/Hall/Stutz/or Shaq? With Shaq’s offense greater than or being equal to Miller and Stutz, his defense would no doubt be better esp as rim protector. Only Hall’s defense would be considered better but lacking the offensive dominance and versatility.

Shaq without a doubt IMO.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Prediction...ShaQ will go for 20 tomorrow. No...
      make that 25!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxplode View Post
        Best senior year post player from the Turgeon/Marshall era? Miller/Hall/Stutz/or Shaq? With Shaq’s offense greater than or being equal to Miller and Stutz, his defense would no doubt be better esp as rim protector. Only Hall’s defense would be considered better but lacking the offensive dominance and versatility.
        pts/rebs/blks/mpg/fg%/ft%

Paul Miller - 13.1/6.6/0.4/28.0/51/74
        Garret Stutz - 13.3/8.0/1.0/24.6/54/82
        Carl Hall - 12.5/6.8/1.6/28.6/54/67
        Shaq Morris - 14.2/5.4/1.6/23.3/56/72

hard not to love what Garret brought to the table.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• DJShocker10
          DJShocker10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hard to believe Hall only averaged 6.8 boards. He was a double double machine! I had a couple classes with him and he genuinely scared me.

• Shaq will be a key today and him and LS staying out of foul trouble will be epic because we need 30 minutes plus from the both of them today.. Every solitary possession today will be a battle because these two teams are tough as nails and somewhat close in most every team category. on both sides of the hardwood. Our 6 Seniors want this win for an exclamation mark to finish this tough AAC Conference strong. Likewise, The Bearcats don't want a tie with the new men on the block, getting swept by us. Could this be another game decided late down to the wire? Stay tuned.
        Last edited by forevershockerfan; March 4, 2018, 08:21 AM.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• It was mentioned on the pregame show today that Shaq was being considered more as of late as a POY contender in the AAC. Not sure about whether that will occur, but since he is the best Big in the AAC, he should make 1st team all AAC and so should LS. IMO. A win today would maybe have helped that cause some but both Shocks had a very fine showing in the AAC and should be rewarded as such.

Comment

• Who would be ahead of Shaq? Landry?

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
              ShockdaWorld commented
              Editing a comment
              Probably Clark or Gray, based on name recognition only from being in the league before Shaq and Landry, and from preseason pollsters wanting to show that they were right.

• I'd vote Evans but my guess is Clark

Comment

• Cdizzle
              Cdizzle commented
              Editing a comment
              Same.

• Shaq 1st team all conference.

Comment

• forevershockerfan
              forevershockerfan commented
              Editing a comment
              Now Shaq had quite a ride here before such an accomplishment. Saving the best for last and he is far from finished as he leads us with LS into AAC tourney as both spring us to the words of Cliff "Good News" Levingston who proclaimed many moons ago "All the way to the NC2A." Soon thereafter we defeat Iowa here at 21st and Hillside as Randy S. falls over backwards making a key throw and the crowd goes wild, and then onward to our victory at The Battle Of New Orleans. Can u dig it? Groooovy gravy bay bay.

From here A. Carr expects us to play angry but execute.We have maybe the most experienced team out there this Season so we will see if that pays dividends in terms of wins as the Shocks head to the climax of their 2017/2018 Season.Stay tuned for more Good News and hope to seem some of that ole MTXE along the way too from the Shocker Players and our Coaches with a great ending to this Shocker finish.

• Shaq has also improved not making poor fouls this Season which has really helped our squad.

Comment

• Shaq in the best shape of his career. Has actually dropped 17 pounds since the beginning of the season as he has focused more than ever on flexibility and cardio. The improvements are showing up big on the court.

Other weight room successes this year include Rod Brown packing on 25 poinds to move from 190 to 215.

The player who's made the biggest strides in the weight room has been freshman Rod Brown, who is redshirting. In his first year of lifting weights, Brown has packed on 25 pounds and now weighs 215.

Other notable gains were Markis McDuffie adding 13 pounds (now 216), Austin Reaves adding 11 pounds (now 185), and Asbjorn Midtgaard tacking on 11 (now 281).
              "After Austin had shoulder surgery, we weren't doing any upper body so to get him back to 185 is really impressive," Rosenboom said. "Our goal for him next year is to play at 205, which would be a good difference for him."
              "Asbjorn is going to be one of the bigger surprises next year," Rosenboom said. "He's done a great job working on his jumping and getting more explosive and his strength has gone way up. People are going to be very excited about what he's going to be."

Comment

• WheatShock
                WheatShock commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm looking forward to unleashing AM next year.

• pie n eye
                pie n eye commented
                Editing a comment
                Don’t get too excited. Haven’t you heard his bench demeanor indicates he can’t ball.

• Defeating Marshall U. will become more feasible if we run our Offense often through and to Shaq and LS. With this win, a matchup could be epic against W. Virginia and their big Esa Ahmad versus our Mount Shaqmore. Another great matchup in that game if it happens would be LS versus Jevon Carter.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                ShockdaWorld commented
                Editing a comment
                If that happens, a lot will depend on the whistle. Carter is tough to beat when he’s allowed to slap and grab all the time.

• One think as an opinion is W. Virginia will really be tested before they get a shot at us whom I picked us to win by 9. How do we win these two games. As mentioned above we really need to go through Shaq and LS often and they may get more minutes than usual. We never know for sure about how Coach will run the rotation depending on match-ups but I predict the bench could be shortened some to these 8.

1. LS 2.CF 3. and Austin at the guards and 4.Shaq 5. Kelly 6. Duff 7. Willis 8.Brown to round out the bigs. RN, CJ, and SHJ will get looks too if the matchups or foul situations present that. Never made one thin dime coaching so this only laymen opinions from the amatuer hour rocker baybay. My opinions are free and I offer them in unsolicited fashion. Yikes!!!

Comment

• Here is The X Factor. Personal fouls plus turnovers equals The X Factor.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• The Big Dance just lacks the fizz when our beloved Shocks have departed this Season. However, Shaq deserves some SN luv for coming so far in this Program. I remember meeting him when he first got here and his demeanor could be described by saying two words. "Personality Plus." He smiled a lot as his down to earth conversation with me was grand. Mt. Shaqmore saved his best for last after overcoming much adversity here early on.

Who could forget his pine-time in Orlando when Fred was grounded with an injury sitting right next to Shaq and often in his ear. I often wondered if we could have maybe defeated S. Cal in that first game if he would have been on the floor and out of the dawghouse? Then there was the "home alone episode." We had a road game and Shaq must have not met Marshall Law standards which everybody else keeps so no excuses for him on that either. FSF was at a rare fan open practice and Shaq could not keep up with the wind sprint times required, so they finally had him doing push ups instead and had his fair share of stationary bicycle time too at times here..

Even so, it has been said "It's not always how you start the trek, but how you finish it." How many players going through the same exact things Shaq did would have "flew the coup while waving bu-bye" all the way back to Oklahoma? Not Shaq who instead weathered the storm on got on board better with what was expected of him as a Shocker. In 2016/17 Shaq had a solid Season, but even better this Season on most all stats. I will list the improvements I found on goshockers site.

2016/17--ppg 9.6--2017-18--14.0, 2016/17-mpg--18 2017-18 23.7-mpg (27-30 would have been 'my outsider looking in preference' and Shaq rarely fouled out this Season but has been known to run out of gas), 2016-17 blocks 35, 2017/18 blocks 51, 2016/17 steals 12, 2017/18 steals 18, 2016/17 fouls 80, 2017/18 fouls 78, 2016/2017 assists 36, 2017/18 44 assists, 2016/17 RB per game was 5.1, and 2017/18 RB per game was 5.5 RB per game), FG% 2016-17-.523 2017-18 FG%-.554, 3pt. % 2016-2017-.286 and 3pt. % 2017-18 .400, and his only decline was on FT in 2016-17 was .789 and in 2017/18 was .728. I'll hang up and listen.

So in the scheme of things, Shaq is just another prime example of a player in the Marshall System that found his niche and even was the best big man in the AAC with his 1st team All Conference honors. I wish the very best to Shaq no matter what he does in life. If he plays basketball in Europe, they better be aware of the Shaq Wall or their bones will be shaking upon impact like a skeleton on Halloween.. He will make great money over in Europe and who knows, maybe the NBA will give him a look at trying out to see what happens. Shaq could have quit Shocker basketball for other green pastures. Instead, he fought through it all and had a solid Senior Season which was his best performance of all. Now That's the way you do it.

Comment

• He was my favorite player of the all the Seniors. I'll always remember either his freshman or sophomore year he got called for a ticky-tack MVC foul and promptly found the camera up in the stands as the camera zoomed in on him and mouthed the words..."That was not a foul." I lol'ed in agreement.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                    X