Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israeli Newspaper: Gal's gone

From Haaretz today ...

Maccabi Tel Aviv has signed 20-year-old guard Gal Makel on a three and a half year contract. Makel, 1.90m, played for the team's youth club before moving to Wichita State University two years ago. During his time at Maccabi, Makel was part of the youth team that won the championship and State Cup. He has also played for Israeli national teams at various age groups. At Wichita, he averaged 9.3 points and 3.7 assists in 30 minutes. "Maccabi is a home to me," Makel said.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

.......no surprise, good luck, Gal......

Comment

Another piece of next Season's puzzle solved. This is no shock at all. Gal, I wish you the very best in all that you do.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Sad to see him go but good luck Gal!
        He will always be a Shocker!

:posterwu: 8)
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Sorry to see him go, also. I thought the young man did an admirable job, especially when Brauer went down. When you consider that he was playing a position that really wasn't natural for him, that he was only a sophomore and that he was half a planet away from home, I really think he did a helluva job! Best of luck Gal!!!

Comment

Sad to see him go, thanks for all the hard work you put in Gal

Comment

At least part 1 of the guessing game is over now. Hope it works out well for him.

Now on to the next couple of questions that we all have about returning players.

Comment

hmmmmm

i wonder who else will leave

Comment

This is the Gal to WSU thread at ValleyTalk: http://valleytalk.net/showthread.php?t=1530

For whatever reason I looked it up last week and read through it. What a crazy couple of years it's been...
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Good luck to Gal.

How often do you read Israeli newspapers? Nice find.

Comment

this sucks

best of luck to him

He'll get to play with the Likes of Will Bynum and Marcus Fizer

and I need to brush up on my hebrew http://www.maccabi.co.il/News3.asp?ID=1368

Comment

Good luck to Gal in all his endeavors. Fans can ask no more of someone than to give his/her all.

Comment

Not a surprise, the handwriting was on the wall.

Best of luck to Gal, he deserves it.

Comment

I miss him already. Yes, I have a mancrush for Gal.

Comment

This doesn't surprise me at all. I was expecting it and am glad we found out now and didn't get led along for the summer. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he has a successful Euro career.

Now the question is do we bring in a JUCO SG or is it a battle between Toure and David?
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X