Oklahoma State ***OFFICIAL*** Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thankful it was not on national TV
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
      Shaq played well when he was on the floor.
      Except for the time that he thought he got fouled and he didn't hustle back down court and his guy or another big on OSU scored by the time he got back.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
        Doesn't that seem to be more of a trend than 2 of 3? I don't care to verify the stats but it seems like we're on the wrong side of the foul tally. Why that is I don't know.
        That's what usually happens when our opponents drive on us more than we drive on them. That's all on our guards.

Comment

• Gregg Marshall Postgame comments against OSU

Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall talked about his team's 93-76 loss to Oklahoma State on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            That's what usually happens when our opponents drive on us more than we drive on them. That's all on our guards.
            OSU 32 fouls; WSU 21
            OSU 17-26 FT; WSU 35-47
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
              Amazing how somebody always says "this loss is on the coaching staff." This loss is on the team (including players and coaches). You think they don't know that? It was a very poor showing indeed, no doubt about it.
              Marshall is a great coach, we are lucky to have him. One of the things that make him great, is also his short coming. He refuses to call early time outs when our opponent smacks us in the mouth and we are reeling. Not wanting to show the opponent any weakness. Some times it is necessary to slow down the opponent with a TO! I have seen some great coaches burn three in the first few minutes just to try to keep it close.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBjones View Post
                Marshall is a great coach, we are lucky to have him. One of the things that make him great, is also his short coming. He refuses to call early time outs when our opponent smacks us in the mouth and we are reeling. Not wanting to show the opponent any weakness. Some times it is necessary to slow down the opponent with a TO! I have seen some great coaches burn three in the first few minutes just to try to keep it close.
                We had a 15 minute timeout (called halftime) and it didn't help.

I agree that we were too nervous, too tight, or too pumped up in the irst 5 minutes. Missed bunnies, dropped passes, etc. A TO might have helped some, but 3G is used to having leadership on the floor to take care of those situations. He had none to rely on last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                  Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  OSU 32 fouls; WSU 21
                  OSU 17-26 FT; WSU 35-47
                  37 of the 47 FT attempts were shot by Willis, McDuffie, Morris, and Hamilton.

15 of the 26 OSU attempts were shot by Evans, Forte, and Averette.
                  Last edited by ShockTalk; December 18, 2016, 02:50 PM. Reason: Just making a comment on where the FT attempts came from.

Comment

• It also didn't help when ShaQ was called for a foul in the first few minutes for taking a charge. That's just gotta screw with your head. Nothing worse than playing within the rules only to have refs continue to make the same mistakes game in and game out.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Good strategy with Fred, Malcom or Toure, but not so much with our stable of near rookies.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• OSU's ball movement was fantastic and ours was terrible. Good
                        ball movement creates GOOD open shots. In addition, they
                        could penetrate at will and we couldn't. We have to keep the
                        ball moving in order to get better shots. Beating up on RN who
                        only played eleven minutes and was 1-1 from the field makes no
                        sense. I could name many names who played poorly but won't.
                        We didn't play good team basketball - too many trying to make
                        something happen by themselves instead of moving the ball. I
                        am hoping this butt whooping can be turned into a learning
                        experience.

Comment

Horrible non-decision. Game was lost in the first five minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Horrible non-decision. Game was lost in the first five minutes.

this...I know people here collectively here hate Bill Self, but his one strength is he will not let a game get away, if he can help it....sometimes calls a time ultra quick, but these ARE young kids...

Comment

• Shaq only had 2 fouls but only played 16 mins. Is that right?

Comment

• ...not a good showing for any recruits we may have had. Oh well...at least they saw the awesome support from Shocker Nation! And perhaps some potential early "playing time".
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X