No announcement yet.

Oklahoma State ***OFFICIAL*** Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma State was better than I expected. Not withstanding the ridiculously high 3 point shooting, their press messed us up, they rebounded really well against another good rebounding team, and well, they hit shots. I don't think they're gonna shoot 50% from 3 and make 14 3's again. Some of that was horrible defense. Some of it was them just burying open looks. They were obviously up for the game and brought it. It's a shame we didn't.

This reminded me exactly like the Louisville and Michigan State games. Came out scared and tentative and Oklahoma State came out with nothing to lose. We were down double-digits before we knew what hit us. We were THOROUGHLY DOMINATED in all facets of the game. Even take out their outside shooting, we were getting dominated on the boards and worked over on defense. We made some hopelessly awful turnovers. I remember the momentum somewhat shifting and we were on a mini-run when ZB had the ball and tried dribbling between two defenders. TURNOVER. And that effectively sucked the energy out of the place.

Willis is a man and is just a bad matchup for a lot of teams. When he gets aggressive and grabs boards like tonight, he will be hard to stop. The Valley will take a bludgeoning. But you can't have 1 player out of 10 show up and expect to make it a game.

Kelly is wasted space. JRS should be getting more minutes than him. I'm slowly falling of CF's wagon. I just don't know how much longer I can take the east to west dribbling and the one-dimensional offense.

Just disappointed to get 15,000 and a Big 12 team in town and we can't even make it competitive. I could take a close loss with quality play but that was just a bend-over. Top 25 was beckoning and we folded. Again. Probably lost our ranking ability for the year and with OU hitting the crapper, this has all the makings of a St. Louis or bust situation, no matter how thoroughly we dominate this POS conference.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      One last thing for now and I will shut my trap. 3 games in a row it seems we get called for way more fouls than our foes to the point we were fortunate to win 2 of those 3 games.
      Doesn't that seem to be more of a trend than 2 of 3? I don't care to verify the stats but it seems like we're on the wrong side of the foul tally. Why that is I don't know.

Comment

• Well that sorta sucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          I can't think of a single Shocker that has a good game. It was just a **** show from the beginning. The coaches deserve the blame in this game. Nobody was ready.
          24 points, 13 rebounds, and a couple blocks wasn't good?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Went to the game, my first WSU game at Intrust and 4th game this year.

This game in person appeared to be the least disciplined and cohesive team I have seen at WSU in a long time.

Marshall got flat out spanked on the coaching end by Underwood.

The following players should be in the doghouse from this game:
            Shamat
            Frankamp
            Nurger
            Reaves

Anytime a combo of 2 of these guys were on the floor (especially nurger and frankamp) the team was awful.

Conner was a huge liability this game on both ends as was Landry and Nurger. Bad, bad, bad the whole game.

Willis was a freaking beast and the only one who seemed to care.

Shaq played well when he was on the floor.
            Brown and kelly both tried hard
            Smith was decent.

The best defense and run came with i believe willis, mcduffie, hamilton, smith, and maybe Austin in the game.

I don't know if I have seen a WSU Marshall coached team play this poorly. There were WIDE OPEN OSU players shooting lights out from 3 and it continued all game.

Free throw shooting HAS to improve. Mcduffie missed 4 and so did Hamilton.

Officiating was hot trash. No consistency on the calls. They let OSU abuse the WSU players at times and then called ticky tack b.s. at other times. 53 fouls was way way too many for this game.

Crowd got loud at times and was good. WSU shrinks at the wrong time again (mich state, louisville, OSU).

Comment

• And the rebounding by WSU... GOD AWFUL. Willis is the only one who should be driven home, the remaining players should be walking.

Comment

• I will add that OSU does bump and grind A LOT. The officials didn't seem to care. I know OSU got rang up with a lot more fouls but there were some calls that were just mind-blowing. Tom Eades continues to rival Zelton Steed with his garbage officiating.
                Last edited by ShockerFever; December 17, 2016, 10:50 PM.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  If you don't start Nurger, you end up with Morris on the bench with 2 fouls in 7 minutes. Starting Nurger is kind of like deferring to the second half if you win the coin toss. Take the superior situation later rather than earlier.
                  So what, he wound up there anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    24 points, 13 rebounds, and a couple blocks wasn't good?
                    this

Comment

• I think some of us need to take a deep breath, take the night off, and find something else to put their mind on. It was a tough loss for sure. We didn't play very well. They hit a lot of shots early and didn't look back. But holy cow the overreaction in this thread is at a crazy level.

And for the love of everything that is good and holy, STOP TALKING ABOUT TRANSFERS.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• This game need early buckets, hence starting Zach and Shaq. McDuffie and Shamet can't hit drives right now. Got away from wsu quickly... Needed them on the floor instead of staring at a 10-1 start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                          I think some of us need to take a deep breath, take the night off, and find something else to put their mind on. It was a tough loss for sure. We didn't play very well. They hit a lot of shots early and didn't look back. But holy cow the overreaction in this thread is at a crazy level.

And for the love of everything that is good and holy, STOP TALKING ABOUT TRANSFERS.
                          In fairness, Marshall was none too pleased either, but you're right... Shox will recover.

Comment

• Well the stat sheet did startled me just now. We only got outrebounded by 2 but the Cowboys were all over the offensive boards when they missed which was not often enough. We did shoot more throws than them so my rose colored glassed need cleaned. They had 16 assists to 8 of ours and really stroked the 3-ball much better than our 3-17 showing. There is work to be done but our beloved Shocks will bounce back from this.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              I will add that OSU does bump and grind A LOT. The officials didn't seem to care. I know OSU got rang up with a lot more fouls but there some calls that were just mind-blowing. Tom Eades continues to rival Zelton Steed with his garbage officiating.
                              Yeah... they clearly got away with rougher than normal play. Kind of what I thought the officials were instructed to look for and enforce this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                                I think some of us need to take a deep breath, take the night off, and find something else to put their mind on. It was a tough loss for sure. We didn't play very well. They hit a lot of shots early and didn't look back. But holy cow the overreaction in this thread is at a crazy level.

I missed people talking about transfers, what did they say?

Comment

Working...
                                X