Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WU SHOCK AT MIDCOURT

Finally

WICHITA, Kan. ? Wichita State's mascot, WuShock, will be the focal point at center court at Charles Koch Arena when the annual refinishing of the venue's main surface begins today, Director of Athletics Jim Schaus announced today.
    THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

I like it, a lot. Finally. Schaus does seem to take care of things, and pays attention to some of the little things, ie., sound and speakers before.

This is just going to add to the atmosphere quite a bit.

Comment

bout time. I cant believe we kept the other logo for such a long time.
      ________
      VAPORIZER
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

All I can say is ... WOW!!!!!

This is long overdue and will be a terrific eye-catching icon at center court. WSU's insistence at using the "wheat" logo has baffled me for years. We're not the "Wheaties", we're the "Shockers"!

For years I have refused to purchase WSU logo items that do not have the Shocker logo. In my eyes, if a Shocker isn't on an item, it just doesn't mean WSU to me.

Thanks to everyone involved in this upgrade!

--'85.
        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Whose got the Spangles Gourmet Supreme Court mock-up?
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

"You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Looks great! :good: :clap:
              "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                Whose got the Spangles Gourmet Supreme Court mock-up?
                Unfortunately, the server it was on is no more. I don't have it saved anywhere either since I did that at work (previous job). I may have to make a new one though... I think I also had a Chicken Chicken on Pita Court design as well.

I love the look of Wu center court. Good job Schaus!

Comment

I'll be honest, I think I preferred the wheat. This is okay by me though.

:posterwu:

Comment

Long overdue. Glad to see it happen.
                    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I liked the reserved design but I also like the Wu. Go figure.

"Every six-to-eight years you typically sand a court down to get back to the bare wood due to the wear and tear and the accumulation of layers of finish,” said Brad Pittman, Assistant AD/Facilities. “With the addition of the men’s three point line this year it seemed like a good opportunity to do both.” "

When I was at the open house I said it looked like it was about time to do that. Go me.

Comment

I like it!

Though I would still like to see a couple of smaller "wheat" logos. One on each end, like in this mock-up:

At least we never had to see this on the court:

Comment

It's about freaking time!!!!!

It looks great and I'm glad they're finally doing it. I guess this means I have to buy the new NCAA game when it comes out next fall.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                            I liked the reserved design but I also like the Wu. Go figure.

What my boy Rose said!

Comment

Nice touch. That will look cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X