Watching Games with Cox cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abrittai View Post
    Thanks everyone! We gave up on Cox. Think we may try Sling TV, at least we'll get ESPN that way. I heard somewhere that on ESPN3 you could watch the blackout games after the game was over... not ideal but worth a try.
    I understand your frustrations about Cox, I'm about to call them and tell them where they can stick their nice, new contour boxes. I have to reset mine at least once a week because either channels lose signal, or my program search guide locks up, or some other stupid thing. I would go Direct TV in a second but the old lady is against it. I've never heard of Sling TV though.

But yea, pretty much if you live in Kansas and you don't have Cox, you're not gonna see too many Shocker games.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      For those of you that know someone with Cox, you might look into a Slingbox (not SlingTV). My dad has cox and I just pay for him to have an extra cable box, and tossed a Slingplayer on there. Full access to all Cox Channels from anywhere. Plus use of his DVR.
      All Cox Channels? Including all the higher end Sports Channels and the NBA League Pass and MLB package? If so, sign me up for a Slingbox. lol

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
        All Cox Channels? Including all the higher end Sports Channels and the NBA League Pass and MLB package? If so, sign me up for a Slingbox. lol
        Well ... All channels that the person subscribes to :) ... might be easier to toss them some money and add those onto their package though, without having to pay for the full subscription.

Comment

Well ... All channels that the person subscribes to :) ... might be easier to toss them some money and add those onto their package though, without having to pay for the full subscription.
          Ah shoot, you ruined a good thing. Haha. Personally, I would care for any of the big sports packages. I'm not enough of an NFL fan to subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket, nor am I a fan of NBA enough to buy that package, but the MLB package would be great. Cox isn't getting anymore of my money though, they get too much as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
            Ah shoot, you ruined a good thing. Haha. Personally, I would care for any of the big sports packages. I'm not enough of an NFL fan to subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket, nor am I a fan of NBA enough to buy that package, but the MLB package would be great. Cox isn't getting anymore of my money though, they get too much as it is.
            Yea, I can't stomach the cost of the whole TV package. I just get internet (unfortunately Cox is the only provider with decent internet here) and then use the slingbox to watch the like 400 channels that my dad pays for (which he was going to pay for anyways)

Comment

Wouldn't be such an issue if they'd just play more games at Intrust. ;-) I kid, I kid.
              Seriously though, find a friend that has Cox and go hang out on game nights. That's what I do... or hit a local beer joint.

Comment

For those of you that know someone with Cox, you might look into a Slingbox (not SlingTV). My dad has cox and I just pay for him to have an extra cable box, and tossed a Slingplayer on there. Full access to all Cox Channels from anywhere. Plus use of his DVR.
                Did this last year and it worked well. Not going to the bar to watch the game saved enough money after about three games to pay for the sling box.

Comment

Cox does indeed suck. But the greater travesty and bigger source of blame goes to WSU for holding its fanbase hostage with this sort of setup. It's pretty sick actually.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Cox does indeed suck. But the greater travesty and bigger source of blame goes to WSU for holding its fanbase hostage with this sort of setup. It's pretty sick actually.
                    It most definitely is.

I like the sling box idea. I may have to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      I'm curious if anyone is aware of the actual agreement between WSU and Cox? I mean, if it was set 10 years ago .. it was a pretty good deal for WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                        A guy at Wal-Mart was trying to sell us Direct TV, telling us about all the channels they offered. I said, "Do you have Shocker basketball?" He started talking about how many NFL games they carried every week. I said that I didn't care about the NFL, and "Do you have Shocker basketball?" He said no, and commented that he keeps hearing that question.
                        I don't often go to Wal-Mart, but when I do I don't want to be accosted by satellite TV sales people while I roam the aisles. So freaking annoying. And all the groups pandering at the entrance. Grrrr . . . I guess I'm evil.

/endTangentialWalMartRant

Comment

I'm curious if anyone is aware of the actual agreement between WSU and Cox? I mean, if it was set 10 years ago .. it was a pretty good deal for WSU.
                          I'm not certain, but I think it was renewed just a year or two ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            You don't yet know how lucky you are.
                            I had cox for 10 years prior to getting this house. Being stuck with DSL makes me miss having cable internet. The cox DVRs sucked, but a cable card and hdhomerun make it possible to stay away from that.

Comment

Yea, I can't stomach the cost of the whole TV package. I just get internet (unfortunately Cox is the only provider with decent internet here) and then use the slingbox to watch the like 400 channels that my dad pays for (which he was going to pay for anyways)
                              Just add basic digital cable during the season. Picture looks great on my 70 inch screen and you get the games. It is pretty much free for one tv if you have a higher speed internet tier.

On a related note, I have Slingtv with ESPN3. The game was available but blacked out in Wichita when I checked Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                I don't often go to Wal-Mart, but when I do I don't want to be accosted by satellite TV sales people while I roam the aisles. So freaking annoying. And all the groups pandering at the entrance. Grrrr . . . I guess I'm evil.

/endTangentialWalMartRant
                                Same here.

Comment

Working...
                                X