No announcement yet.

Athletic Department Garage Sale on Oct. 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I coulda made it out... Maybe next year.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

There were probably 50 people all ready inside when I got there at 750. Bought my daughters each a nice Nike women's practice jersey at 10 each and a giant wsu umbrella for 5. Men's game jerseys were going fast. I could have spent a small fortune but resisted.

Comment

If someone has any of the long sleeve warm-ups, I might be a buyer.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
          If someone has any of the long sleeve warm-ups, I might be a buyer.
          Id be a buyer of almost anything.
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

I couldn't make it. I wish they would do this again soon. One day for 4 hours isn't enough.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
              I couldn't make it. I wish they would do this again soon. One day for 4 hours isn't enough.
              The men's game jersey rack was picked over pretty well by 830, and the practice jerseys were starting to go fast at that point. I would guess that after 4 hours it would have been reduced to track and field, volleyball and softball shirts, and gear without any wsu logo at all on them. I think to get the things at the top of most wish lists you'd have to be there early.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox1979 View Post
                The men's game jersey rack was picked over pretty well by 830, and the practice jerseys were starting to go fast at that point. I would guess that after 4 hours it would have been reduced to track and field, volleyball and softball shirts, and gear without any wsu logo at all on them. I think to get the things at the top of most wish lists you'd have to be there early.
                Actually I am most interested in baseball stuff. Although I wouldn't mind some basketball gear. The newspaper article made it sound like there was a ton of stuff.

"Underneath the stands in Koch Arena are storage rooms filled with plastic containers, like the ones you have in your basement or garage. These are filled with Shocker jerseys, pants, shoes and more.

Comment

[QUOTE=shocker3;671360]Actually I am most interested in baseball stuff. Although I wouldn't mind some basketball gear. The newspaper article made it sound like there was a ton of stuff.

There seemed to be very little in the way of baseball stuff...at least less than you'd think. I was thinking that I'd look for a baseball jersey but there were none available.
                  78-65

Comment

i didn't see much baseball stuff either. I thought there was a very small rack baseball jerseys and a small rack of softball jerseys, but not much else. There was a large rack of softball jackets.
                    There was indeed a lot of "stuff". They had one very large table of track and field t-shirts that were all prior to 2011. And another large table or track and field shirts that were 2012-present. There was also a large table and quite a few boxes of volleyball and softball shorts.
                    There was also a large amount of clothing without wsu logos. One entire table of athletic pants and some jackets as well.

Comment

I'm pretty happy with what I got, I arrived at about 8 am.

I got a Jake White #50 jersey (batteries were dead, can't take a charge), a #4 reversible practice jersey, a nice 3X (to fit my not so svelte body) zipup warmup top, a medium weight Under Armour baseball zipup for my son, a new-in-bag non-logo Louisvile Slugger baseball bat bag, and a few assorted t-shirts.

While I'm sure the pickins got pretty thin after the first hour, I hope most people were happy with what they could find. I also hope they do this every other year or so at a minimum. It is a great way to get some fun gear and help the programs a little bit.
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Not sure what the big deal was. They didn't even have any garages.

Comment

Working...
                        X