No announcement yet.

Favorite Shocker PERSON???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have had so many great young people, coaches and administrators representing WSU over the years that this is nearly impossible to remember them all, let alone pick just one that stands out above so many others.

Linwood Sexton is one that immediately comes to mind. A true gentlemen.

Roland Banks comes to mind as well.

Hard to believe you could find a sweeter, kinder and tougher young lady than Kelsey Jacobs.

There have been a plethora and as time moves on they just seem to keep on coming.

Have to also agree with @WuDrWu: regarding Shannon Lamb. Lambo definitely married up.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 8, 2016, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Sat next to X man and his son at the CBI classic, they couldnt have been nicer.
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Jason Perez for me.

Fun thread - so many amazing individuals involved with Shocker athletics.

Comment

Oh, another fantastic Shocker individual who has nothing to do with Athletics: Bobby Gandu, Director of Admissions.

I served on the Student Ambassador Society in my time in college so I worked with Bobby directly a lot. We both actively recruited my brother to come to WSU over K-State for a while, so Bobby got to know my family very well. He came to both me and my brother's graduation parties and has been such a help to our family. Great person and just fun to be around.

Comment

I'll tell you who is a great face of the Shockers is Jay Hull. We've been friends since I first met him at WSU and thru the fraternities, and we remain friends here in DFW. He is so involved with alumni relations down here, talks up the Shox whenever he can, and is an all round good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Couldn't agree more. Great people. Fred's EASILY in my top 5 of student athletes who were nice to me for no reason whatsoever.

Garrett Stutz, Toure Murry, Fred VanVleet, Jordan Loney, Graham Hatch.....many others, but those 5 were special people.
              Spike Anderson, I can't remember not knowing him. I've coached his daughter who is friends w/my daughter. I'm sorry. He didn't immediately come to mind. But I smiled when I read his name.
              Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
                Spike Anderson, I can't remember not knowing him. I've coached his daughter who is friends w/my daughter. I'm sorry. He didn't immediately come to mind. But I smiled when I read his name.
                I remember going to a few Shocker baseball camps when he was still a player and he was such a nice guy and so helpful to a bunch of young elementary school kids who idolized everything Shocker baseball. You could tell some of the players didn't want to be there (I don't blame them. Not every college kid wants to be around a bunch of 10 year olds at a baseball camp on their weekend), but he signed autographs and really got invested in the camp. I'll never forget it. It might have helped that my group were all from Valley Center though lol.

Comment

Working...
                X