Boatright named Athletic Director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    I do think this likely means football ain't a thing.
    Probably, yes.

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    I do think this likely means conference realignment ain't a thing.
    Don't know if I'd read that into it.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
      Probably, yes.

Don't know if I'd read that into it.
      I think my assessment of the the football question is one based on relevant experience and the assessment of realignment is one based on timing. Perhaps I should say that I think football is not a thing, and realignment is not an imminent thing.

Comment

Interesting that Bardo now believes that not having football wouldn't necessarily complicate a move to the American or Mountain West.

Last edited by wu_shizzle; August 30, 2016, 06:22 PM.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

And Bardo is now saying he would consider FCS football also.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            Interesting that Bardo now believes that not having football wouldn't necessarily complicate a move to the American or Mountain West.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
            I love Dr. Bardo's attitude. Aim high but keep your feet on the ground.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
              Originally posted by IdahoShocker View Post
              And Bardo is now saying he would consider FCS football also.
              Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              I love Dr. Bardo's attitude. Aim high but keep your feet on the ground.
              Taking a page right out of the Jim Schaus play book...
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

What??? According to the Debbie Downer and Negative Nellie posters in this thread, after the announcement of Boatright being named AD things like conference reaffiliation and resurrecting the football program were dead. But yet Bardo is still talking about the possibility of both of these things.

I had to laugh at those posters, because obviously they don't understand that nothing is status quo with Bardo as President of this university.
                Last edited by Shocker-maniac; August 30, 2016, 08:58 PM.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Would this be possible?

Say the MWC needed another member and we got an invite. We have to start FB at the FCS level and then transition to FBS level.

Could we start at FCS and play in the MWC as a non-qualifier for a bowl game? We would be a non-FBS opponent for MWC teams.

$40 mill is not insurmountable. I think with MWC competition, $4 mill could be generated from ticket sales.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Would this be possible?

Say the MWC needed another member and we got an invite. We have to start FB at the FCS level and then transition to FBS level.

Could we start at FCS and play in the MWC as a non-qualifier for a bowl game? We would be a non-FBS opponent for MWC teams.

$40 mill is not insurmountable. I think with MWC competition, $4 mill could be generated from ticket sales.

It makes me think Bardo believes there will be openings for teams without football, whether it be in a non-football conference or in a football conference that has a football only school.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Taking a page right out of the Jim Schaus play book...

More like taking a page out of Darron Boatright's play book.

I know who is the boss of who, but Darron's at the wheel and driving in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        More like taking a page out of Darron Boatright's play book.

I know who is the boss of who, but Darron's at the wheel and driving in the right direction.
                        I have high hopes for Ohnaughty.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          I have high hopes for Ohnaughty.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Bardo, Boatright and football.

Comment

At the end of the day, an individual with drive and an intellectual curiosity can overcome inexperience. I trust that ADDB is intelligent and has the curiosity to ask the right questions of the right people to navigate our future waters.

Go Shocks!
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X