Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steddy Freddy!

And again

Kawhi Leonard assisted Fred on both of these baskets.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 27, 2018, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Fred with another ho-hum game tonight... :)

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401070984
      Good Lord, those stats!
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• We have been most fortunate to have experienced through GM's career here to have witnessed some outstanding BB players, both on and off the court.

That being said, in so many ways, Fred has always been Special in so many ways.

Comment

• Has Doug Goatlube offered his opinion on FVV's play in the NBA?

Comment

• Aargh
            Aargh commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven't heard much from (or about) Goatlube recently. I think he might have gotten reassigned to covering high school ball - in Montana.

• This is from last night, but Kyle Lowry got the night off against the Cavs and Fred got the start. Played 33 minutes (only behind Leonard), 5-12 FG, 4-4 FT, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, a +14 +/-, and 15 points. Raptors won 106-95.

Comment

• Comment

• I am so damn happy for him. His next contract will knock your socks off.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Fred had another good game tonight playing 27 minutes and 19 points. He was 7-12 FG, 5-7 3pt, 2 R, 2 A, 1 S, and 0 TO.

Unfortunately, the Raptors lost to the Bucks by 5. They have now lost 3 of their last 4 games by a total of 9 points. This seems to coincide with Lowry's shooting woes. He is 4-28 over those last 4 games. The rest of his game seems fine.

Comment

• Fred gets the start tonight and gets 14 assists!

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Holy crap! That's video game numbers!

• Cool, can we trade him for SHJ? I have a trade that will work out for both sides.

Raptors receive: Samajae Haynes-Jones and a shirt of 78-65
                  Shockers receive: Fred VanVleet

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                    Fred gets the start tonight and gets 14 assists!
                    This simply cannot be true. Fred is only 6' tall (not really sure he's that tall. lol)and in the NBA still.

Great job Fred.

Comment

• Just think what he could do if he was tall enough or quick enough to play D1 ball. It's laughable to think he could ever even try out for an NBA team with all his physical limitations.

Gottlieb made it pretty obvious why no coach anywhere in the world is using him to evaluate talent.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        Just think what he could do if he was tall enough or quick enough to play D1 ball. It's laughable to think he could ever even try out for an NBA team with all his physical limitations.

Gottlieb made it pretty obvious why no coach anywhere in the world is using him to evaluate talent.
                        What's weird is I find Doug Gottlieb to be a pretty decent evaluator of both talent and Xs and Os. It's just that in this instance, he dug his heels in on a poor evaluation of FVVs abilities and his projection to the NBA. He based this primarily on his performance in the 13-14 game at Saint Louis (that Doug called), where Fred didn't play too well, shot below his average, and had 4 TOs. So some of that perception was jaded by one game, and he just ran with it. So did Shocker fans.

Doug's a really smart guy, but some of his opinions stink. I actually think he's a really good color commentator and an enjoyable listen on the radio, but I realize I am in the minority here.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This simply cannot be true. Fred is only 6' tall (not really sure he's that tall. lol)and in the NBA still.

Great job Fred.
                          And six rebounds, for a 6' guy in the NBA!
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Fred possesses all the intangibles. He understands the game and the PG's role, he sees the court and
                            exploits his opponents weaknesses. PG is a unique position that not only requires ability but a high BBIQ
                            and FVV has it. SHJ has the physical attributes but lacks the intangibles necessary to be a good PG.

Comment

• Shockm
                              Shockm commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I thought this was about Fred.
                          Working...
                          X