Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

I'd love to watch Fred play with Boogie and Davis. Say what you want about UK's strategy (read: cheating) at the collegiate level, but Davis is becoming an unstoppable force.
    Cousins is a free agent, no guarantee he's even going to be back. However, playing with AD would be something I'd think every player wants to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Cousins is a free agent, no guarantee he's even going to be back. However, playing with AD would be something I'd think every player wants to do.
      It's certainly no guarantee that Cousins comes back, but I think he'd be crazy not to at least try another year there. They were starting to click, and Davis has kind of hit another level. I know they've almost been playing better without him, but a front court of Davis and Cousins is about the only line up, on paper, that seems like it could challenge the Warriors. It'd theoretically prevent them from going small. We'll see. There are a lot of guys that will be available this summer (LeBron, PG, Kawhi if he signs the supermax this summer and requests a trade, Boogie), and not many teams with money.

Comment

• IndianaShocker
        IndianaShocker commented
        Editing a comment
        No need to go small. Let's say a Cousins/Davis led Pelicans team hit a ridiculous 24 of their first shots - all 2 pointers. GSW also has 30 possessions and comes up empty twice as often - 18/30 - shooting only 3's. GSW is ahead 54-48.

• jdshock
        jdshock commented
        Editing a comment
        IndianaShocker, You have the Warriors shooting 60% on 30 attempts. The Warriors are shooting 29.8 3's per game in the playoffs (and they only shot 28.9 in the regular season), so you're actually accounting for slightly more 3's than they're taking in their average game. They're also shooting only 32.9% in the playoffs from 3.

If Davis and Boogie were on the floor, the Warriors would either have to sit Iguodala and have McGee in, or they'd be forced to guard Boogie and Davis with Green and Iguodala. At 32.9%, the Warriors are scoring less than a point per shot. The Pelicans shot 54% on two pointers throughout the season, more than a point per shot. It wouldn't be surprising to see Davis and Boogie get near 60% or even higher from two if they were guarded by Iguodala and Green. And that's assuming the Pelicans can't take any 3's, which they made at a rate of 36.2% in the regular season and 36.6% in the playoffs.

The Warriors were one of the all time great teams with their Death Lineup (Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Iguodala, and Green). Then they went and replaced Barnes with Durant. The Pelicans are built to either score relentlessly on the death lineup or prevent them from fielding it at all.

• What is Fred's contract situation-is he completely free agent, or do the Raptors have ability to restrict/match?

Comment

• COS Shocker
        COS Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        He is a restricted free agent. Toronto can match whatever offers he receives.

• Originally posted by jazztrane View Post
      What is Fred's contract situation-is he completely free agent, or do the Raptors have ability to restrict/match?
      Unrestricted free agent.

Comment

• IndianaShocker
        IndianaShocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Fred is a restricted free agent. Projections I've seen have him somewhere in the 4 years 40-45 million range.

• He needs to go to a team that runs sets. Thats why the raps are so good when he is in. He doesnt let Demar and Kyle iso. He forces them to run the sets and it works.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Fred was on a team that was first seed in the Eastern division. He's on an excellent team that gets a crap ton of wins and had the wisdom to allow him to get more and more quality minutes, right up until he got injured. The grass is rarely ever greener, and I doubt he could find a much better situation than where he is. If he has the opportunity to stay, and the money is similar to any other offer, he should have a "stay and make my team better" mindset.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
          Downtown Shocker Brown commented
          Editing a comment
          Quit with all this “makes sense” nonsense.

The grass is ALWAYS greener.

• IndianaShocker
          IndianaShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Meh...the NBA is a business. Fred will be fine wherever he goes. Toronto has to make some moves as they are treading water. Raps fans seem tired of not getting over the hump and want change. In order to resign Fred at his projected contract, the raps will either have to make some moves or they will likely be in the luxury tax. May be hard to convince an owner to pay the tax with a group that hasn't had much postseason success.

• I feel bad for Ron

Comment

• Turnovers! Put FVV in.

Comment

• LeBron got away with dragging his pivot foot twice on the "incredible fall away jumper" highlight. Not that it mattered much but come on they should at least call the blatant travels...

Comment

• Kung Wu
              Kung Wu commented
              Editing a comment
              So part of being a rookie is learning all the new ways you can cheat!

• Horn28Clem30
              Horn28Clem30 commented
              Editing a comment
              It makes sense, who wants to watch ticky tack travels called!?

• Kung Wu
              Kung Wu commented
              Editing a comment
              Doug Elgin

• Tough league... Dwane Casey gets the team to 59 wins, #1 seed, and gonna lose his job.

Comment

• Fred's Regular Season Stats
              Season 2016-17 2017-18
              Age 22 23
              G 37 76
              GS 0 0
              MP 294 1520
              FG 39 232
              FGA 111 545
              FG% 0.351 0.426
              3P 11 108
              3PA 29 261
              3P% 0.379 0.414
              2P 28 124
              2PA 82 284
              2P% 0.341 0.437
              eFG% 0.401 0.525
              FT 18 84
              FTA 22 101
              FT% 0.818 0.832
              ORB 4 25
              DRB 38 159
              TRB 42 184
              AST 35 243
              STL 16 68
              BLK 3 19
              TOV 15 74
              PF 36 130
              PTS 107 656
              PER 10.5 15.9
              TS% 0.443 0.556
              3PAr 0.261 0.479
              FTr 0.198 0.185
              ORB% 1.5 1.9
              DRB% 14.6 11.5
              TRB% 8.1 6.8
              AST% 17.5 22.8
              STL% 2.8 2.2
              BLK% 0.9 1
              TOV% 11.1 11.2
              USG% 20.6 19.1
              OWS -0.1 2.7
              DWS 0.4 2
              WS 0.2 4.7
              WS/48 0.04 0.149
              OBPM -3.2 1.9
              DBPM 0 0.1
              BPM -3.2 1.9
              VORP -0.1 1.5
              FG% 0.351 0.426
              Dist. 11.6 13.9
              % FG by Distance
              2P 0.739 0.521
              0-3 0.378 0.327
              3-10 0.18 0.132
              10-16 0.063 0.037
              16 <3 0.108 0.026
              3P 0.261 0.479
              FG% by Distance
              2P 0.341 0.437
              0-3 0.429 0.567
              3-10 0.1 0.236
              10-16 0.429 0.05
              16 <3 0.417 0.357
              3P 0.379 0.414
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• OregonShocker
                OregonShocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Solid #'s there. He'll play somewhere with those stats.

• Maintaining an A/TO ratio above 3 in the NBA.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Dwayne Casey was fired this morning. Ridiculous.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Dwayne Casey was fired this morning. Ridiculous.
                  Lol and watch him win Coach of the Year too

Comment

• This doesn’t help Toronto’s case, if I’m Fred.

Who’s to say the new coach believes in him as much as Casey?
                    The Assman

Comment

• jazztrane
                      jazztrane commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He could be ok either way, if the new coach doesn't believe in Fred its more likely he'll be allowed to leave and possibly start somewhere else. If he does believe in Fred maybe they trade someone else with more value to open a spot for Fred?
                  Working...
                  X