Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
    He’s still not playing. Crying shame.
    And without Fred, their bench had posted the worst +/- in the playoffs after leading the league in the regular season. If that doesn’t scream 6th man is he year, I don’t know what does.

Comment

• Well the important thing is the Raptors got the win. I doubt they would've had much of a chance facing elimination on the road in game 6 with how mentally weak they've been over the last month or so

Comment

• Aargh
        Aargh commented
        Editing a comment
        Suggesting he might get some MVP votes might be a little over the top, but 6th Man is in his sights. Fred is going to influence a lot of guards to want to play for Marshall.

Oops! this is supposed to be a Comment on the next post.

• Excellent article.

Comment

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, it sure is!

• Sam Axe
        Sam Axe commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a writer who gets basketball

• Fred is in a in and lookin good so far
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Fred being the floor general!
        When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• Fred is da man!
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• FVV came in -4 and left +6

that boy good !!!
            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
            - said no one ever...

Comment

• Hopefully he gets a deserving contract soon.

Comment

• Serious question (I don't follow the NBA very close at all). Why is DeRozan "the player" for the Raptors?

It appears the Raptors won in spite of him tonight and other games. He was 1 of only 2 players with a negative +/-. For the championship series against Washington, he had 2 good shooting games. The other 4 games he was .372 FG%, .250 3 pt%. For the year as the shooting guard he was .310 from 3 and for his career .288.

By the way, the bench was a +10.4 tonight in 101 minutes, the starters -0.4 in 139 minutes.

Comment

• shoxilla
                  shoxilla commented
                  Editing a comment
                  DeRozan can do things that pretty much no one else can do. He's a little freaky and I mean that in a good way.

• I read that the Raptors were +12 with Fred on the floor in 19 minutes, -4 without or something like that. Haven’t looked at the stats to see how true it is, but sounds about right.

just looked, Fred was +12 in 19 minutes, so -2 without him.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Check out point #2.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the link, wheat. FVV is The Man.

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                  I read that the Raptors were +12 with Fred on the floor in 19 minutes, -4 without or something like that. Haven’t looked at the stats to see how true it is, but sounds about right.

just looked, Fred was +12 in 19 minutes, so -2 without him.
                  +12 in a +10 victory
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• even after the bench had clawed back that five-point lead with human warm blanket Fred VanVleet back from his shoulder-related exile, they weren’t safe. VanVleet is like a coach for this team, as dependable as the sunrise, and coach Dwane Casey spoke as if his favourite child has returned from a long absence. He changed the game, everyone said.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Here's another one.

Comment

• It's hard to believe that the man I met (THE Man) in the mall is an NBA star. If you took a look at him you might say "I could take that dude at 1 on 1 no problem". When in reality, he would lock you up like Fort Knox, Area 51, or Tyrone's Shoelace drawer!

So happy to see all his success, and soon, very soon, hellh be starting pg for some lucky team!

Comment

Working...
                        X