No announcement yet.

Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred simply has a beautiful basketball mind. The BBIQ is just off the charts.

Comment

• He might amount to something someday if he could just get to the rim!
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Not sure if this has been posted before or not. I don't recall seeing it but I could have easily missed it.

Comment

• https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...-vanvleet.html I Fred getting overworked?
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• shock-it-to-me
          shock-it-to-me commented
          Editing a comment
          Fred’s been stroking the 3. 3 for 4 in tonight’s win.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WhiZvh3O88 set up by Fred, dunk of the year
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw that last night. I don't know what the fascination is with that. It's not even really a dunk as his hand gets no closer than about 3 feet from the rim, mostly because he's about half as strong as Milsap. Great pass by Freddy. Not sure it's a posterizing but what the hell do I know about that? lol

Even his coach is surprised how well Fred is playing and how important he is. He's been incredible this season. I can't wait to see him in the playoffs.

• Fred goes 5/7 overall, 3/4 from 3, 4 assists, 0 t/o, 1 steal and has a -5 +/- for the game, what the heck were the other 4 guys on the floor doing?!?

Comment

• NBA leaders as of today, Fred is #7 in Defensive Rating; #2 in Net Rating and #9 in Assist/Turnover Ratio.

Wonder how good he'd be if he were athletic and could get to the rim!
          The top 10 leaders in advanced stats categories.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Games up to 12/31/17 compared to 1/1/18 and after

Fredstats.png

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
              ShockdaWorld commented
              Editing a comment
              That boy good!!

• Fred is the poster child of most of the Raptors news. Feel free to go over the top rated comment and pitch in.
            The Denver Nuggets came into last night’s game against the Raptors in desperate need of a win to keep their ever-shrinking playoff hopes alive. Beating the best team in the Eastern Conference on the second night of a back-to-back isn’t the easiest proposition, but these sorts of games do present a path to victory: keep the game close and get a late lead big enough to convince the superior team with nothing to play for to pack it in.

Comment

• Will FVV be sporting an NBA championship ring the next time you see him in person?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Shree
                Shree commented
                Editing a comment
                No
                Last edited by Shree; March 29, 2018, 06:22 AM.

• No I don't think so as they may not even get past the East. The biggest advantage to Raptors is their bench when it goes against the opponents bench. But most teams will cut their rotation to 8 come playoff time which washes off Raptors edge. If Fultz can play as good as he was in college or near to it, Raptors may not even get past Philly let alone Cavs and the mighty Warriors.

Comment

• The problem with the NBA is that I'm not going out on a limb to say that barring injury to one of their top guys, the Warriors are going to win. And there are only maybe 1 or 2 other teams who even have any chance.

I dont even watchand hand I know this.

Comment

• Horn28Clem30
                  Horn28Clem30 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You obviously don't watch...Golden State's top 4 guys have all been out with injuries the past month. It's Houston's conference to lose right now.

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                The problem with the NBA is that I'm not going out on a limb to say that barring injury to one of their top guys, the Warriors are going to win. And there are only maybe 1 or 2 other teams who even have any chance.

I dont even watchand hand I know this.
                At even odds, I certainly wouldn't put money on anybody but the Warriors just because they've proven they can win in the playoffs. That said, they're 6.5 games back from the Rockets and Curry is currently hurt. This Rockets team is really, really good. And barring a collapse in the playoffs (which is always a possibility with Harden and Chris Paul), the WCF should be a pretty fun series to watch.

Personally, I'm rooting for the Spurs to drop to the 7 seed and have Kawhi come back. And OKC to take the 3 seed (almost certainly not going to happen). If the Warriors had to go through the Spurs with Kawhi, OKC, and the Rockets to get the finals, I could definitely see them losing one of those series.

Comment

• Warriors are pretty banged up. Curry is out through the the first round of the playoffs with an MCL sprain, and everyone else is dealing with nagging injuries. Durant and Green missed Tuesday's game vs the Pacers for injury and illness, and Klay missed yesterday's game vs the Bucks with a thumb injury. The 3-8 teams in the west are extremely strong this year thanks to teams underperforming without their star (the Spurs) or taking a while to jell (OKC). And even with Curry, the Warriors haven't been the best team in the West; that would be Houston led by Harden's MVP season (30.7 PPG, 5.4 RPG, 8.7 APG).

I think this year is the closest we've seen to breaking the Lebron/Warriors era open, with another team making the finals or winning it all. I wouldn't say either Golden State or Cleveland is even favored to make the finals out of their pods, let alone is more likely than not to make the finals.

Comment

• I'm not counting out OKC. They have an absurd record against GSW, Houston, and the Raptors. They play their best against the best teams in the league.

Comment

Working...
                    X