Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Looks like the Raptors are in first place in the Eastern.
    Not only are they in first in the east, Fred is the leader of their bench, which most would consider the best bench unit in the league.

Depth certainly matters less in the playoffs, but they're really rolling right now. If the standings hold up, I'd say the Raptors have a great chance at making the eastern conference finals.

Comment

• "Off the bench" also has a different meaning when you are in at the end of close games and OTs plus being a impact player at those times.

Comment

• The Toronto Raptors are on top of the Eastern Conference for all sorts of reasons, and one of them is their bench. In the video above, we break down what’s made…

Comment

• At this point, I kind of expect Fred to score through LBJ to take down the Cavs in a sweep, shut down Curry in the finals, be named Post Season MVP, then in the off season find a cure for cancer and successfully negotiate world peace. Bet on yourself.

Comment

• Would love to see Fred sign a big deal with the Pelicans this offseason. There is a clear path for him there to start a PG. Him doing the pick and roll with Davis would be fun to watch. Even better if Cousins comes back. I am not even a Pelicans fan, just think it would be the best spot of him to get on with a good team and potentially start.

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
              Downtown Shocker Brown commented
              Editing a comment
              Move Holiday to the 2, and let him shoot. I like that lineup.

• 12eagle
              12eagle commented
              Editing a comment
              This would be a great fit but keep in mind as a restricted free agent the raptors can match any offer he signs. Also the Arenas rule limits his max salary to 7 million per year. I think 3-4 million per year is more likely but you never know.

• Wow. Dwane Casey sure loves him some FVV. Fred really had a rough game: 1-9 shooting, some bad TOs, etc. Still, Casey had Fred in crunch time in a PRESSURE packed OT game. Paid off for Casey. GAME WINNER. Even after that shot, Fred looked pissed off about his game. He didn't smile once leaving the court. Perfectionist!

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• The most impressive of Toronto’s wealth of off-brand studs is Fred VanVleet. Last season VanVleet was pesky and surprisingly useful, despite generally inefficient scoring, and despite being roughly the size of a dust mite. This season he is a damn monster: he leads all Raptors regulars in net rating, at an absurd plus-14.1 in a whoa-this-is-getting-serious 20 minutes per game; he’s churning out a delicious 3:1 assist-to-turnover ratio; his defensive rating, at 97.5, is more than 2.5 points lower than the next lowest rotation guy on the team. Friday night the Raptors broke up Houston’s 17-game win streak in a wonderfully entertaining game that came right down to the finish, and VanVleet played the entire fourth quarter. In there, while the Rockets fought from behind, VanVleet completely undressed Chris Paul: What happened immediately before that play was a ridiculous fading corner three from Miles, assisted by VanVleet; what happened immediately after the Poeltl steal was an athletic, spinning Siakam layup, in transition. In the span of about 14 seconds of game clock, Toronto’s bench extended a four point lead to a nine point lead, over the best team in the NBA.
                The Toronto Raptors have now won eight in a row, after coolly dispatching the horrid Knicks Sunday afternoon at Madison Square Garden. I have been resisting this take for some time, but it can be resisted no longer: the Raptors are genuinely, truly Good. They are the best team in the Eastern Conference, and, barring injury, I do not expect any team in the Eastern Conference to stand between them and an appearance in the NBA Finals. God help me.

Comment

• In an interview with CBS Sports, the undrafted guard explains why he loves being on an underdog team

Comment

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good Lord. What a young man.

• kochHead
                    kochHead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Was there every any doubt?

• +31 tonight. Next best for the Raptors was +7 by four players.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                    +31 tonight. Next best for the Raptors was +7 by four players.
                    That's actually hard to fathom.

Comment

• Also worth mentioning FVV had 15 pts, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 rebound, and only 1 TO in 28 mins

Comment

• I read somwhere that Fred also leads the Raptors in minutes played in the 4th quarter. That tells you a ton of what the Raptors coaching staff thinks of Fred.

Comment

• As has seemingly become the norm, Toronto Raptors backup guard Fred VanVleet had his fingerprints all over Tuesday's 116-102 win over the Brooklyn Nets.

Comment

• kcshocker11
                            kcshocker11 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            So funny to read the comments. Before the season why did they keep FVV? Now pay him what he wants just keep him.

• Net Rating

1. Fred VanVleetTOR 15.2
                          2. Stephen CurryGSW 14.7
                          3. Chris PaulHOU 13.9
                          4. Shaun LivingstonGSW 12.7
                          5. Luc Mbah a MouteHOU 11.9
                          6. Eric GordonHOU 11.9
                          7. PJ TuckerHOU 11.7
                          8. Jakob PoeltlTOR 11.7
                          9. OG AnunobyTOR 11.5
                          10. Royce O'NealeUTA 11.5

Comment

• im4wsu
                            im4wsu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            source?

• Signman
                            Signman commented
                            Editing a comment

• Rlh04d
                            Rlh04d commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's incredible. I knew he was playing really well, but that well?! He has the 7th highest defensive rating in the NBA -- though that isn't too surprising.His per-36-minutes numbers are looking damn good as well.
                        Working...
                        X