Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Raptors trade talk surrounding Fred. They may need to make a deal they hate.

https://raptorsrapture.com/2018/02/0...y-and-we-hate/
    I think trading him isn't a bad idea, but the Raptors are in a great spot this year. If they can overtake Boston for the one seed or if the Cavaliers limp to a fourth place finish, I'd have to think the Raptors would be the favorite to make it out of the east. I think in that scenario, you roll the dice and try to keep your team as strong as possible for this year.

Also - re: my prediction a couple of weeks ago that he wouldn't make as much as Ron next year -- it's going to be tough with the salary cap where it is, but man I've totally come around. He's had a great few weeks, and it seems like everyone in the league is high on him. I could absolutely see him making $7 million next year.

Comment

• The Cavs situation right now is beyond surreal.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        The Cavs situation right now is beyond surreal.
        No kidding. I said "if they limp to a fourth place finish," but that might be sugar coating it. They're only 2 games up from the 7 seed. They've always been capable of hitting a higher gear in the playoffs, but they need to be a completely different team to have any chance this year.

I'm on record as saying Fred isn't better than certain other back up point guards in the NBA, but I'm pretty confident he'd be the best pg for the Cavs right now.
        • IT is bad at both ends of the floor this year.
        • Rose is bad at both ends of the floor and he can't move because of injuries.
        • Wade is okay sometimes apparently? But he's old and also not really a point guard.
        • Calderon is bad and old.

Comment

• Horn28Clem30
          Horn28Clem30 commented
          Editing a comment
          Man, i know it'd never happen...but if FVV got traded to the Cavs and was teammates with Lebron, i'd have to invest in a case of jergens!

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          Also just that LaBron had to come out and say he's not waiving his no trade clause. He's taken them to the finals or better every season. How do things get that screwed up?

Horn28Clem30 you better hope he doesn't because there's no chance at all LaBron is going to play in Cleveland next year.

• Horn28Clem30
          Horn28Clem30 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh i know it, but he'd probably go in as the starting PG next year or at worst backup to Clarkson if so. (obviously never happening, but it'd be fun to think about)

• Really cool to see this...

ROCKFORD — Auburn High School will celebrate 2012 graduate and Toronto Raptors basketball player Fred VanVleet at the Feb. 9 boys basketball game.Doors will open at 5 p.m. The first 100 fans will receive a limited edition Fred VanVleet bobblehead, courtesy of the Rockford Rivets Baseball Club.The Auburn Knights will retire VanVleet’s jersey, No. 23, between the sophomore and varsity games against Freeport High School during a ceremony.Tickets are limited and will be sold on a

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

No kidding. I said "if they limp to a fourth place finish," but that might be sugar coating it. They're only 2 games up from the 7 seed. They've always been capable of hitting a higher gear in the playoffs, but they need to be a completely different team to have any chance this year.

I'm on record as saying Fred isn't better than certain other back up point guards in the NBA, but I'm pretty confident he'd be the best pg for the Cavs right now.
        • IT is bad at both ends of the floor this year.
        • Rose is bad at both ends of the floor and he can't move because of injuries.
        • Wade is okay sometimes apparently? But he's old and also not really a point guard.
        • Calderon is bad and old.
        This post did not age well over the last 24 hours. Thomas, Wade, and Rose are already gone.

Comment

• 10 points 6 assists 3 steals 1 TO for the man literally printing money every time he steps foot on an NBA floor and I could not be happier for the young man.

Comment

• Have watched a ton of Raptors games, to see Fred succeed is one great pleasure.
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              10 points 6 assists 3 steals 1 TO for the man literally printing money every time he steps foot on an NBA floor and I could not be happier for the young man.
              A +18 in 24 minutes of play. Plus I'm sure would agree that the most important stat was that the Raptors won.

Comment

• Fred has scored in double figures in 8 straight games, shooting 53% from the field and 50% from 3PT over that span.

Oh, and his team won all 8 games.

Comment

• And when the game got close with 6:00 to go, they put Fred back in. It isn't who starts, but who finishes, and Fred finishes for the Raptors.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                    And when the game got close with 6:00 to go, they put Fred back in. It isn't who starts, but who finishes, and Fred finishes for the Raptors.
                    Not to be a party poop, but Fred started the 4th quarter with a 17 point lead and left at 6:00 minutes with a 15 point lead. He came back in at 3:20, Raptors up 10. From there, Lowery, DeRozan, and Fred all finished the game with a 3 point victory. So, yes, he finished the game.

I did not watch the game, but got this info from the play-by-play. Please correct me if it was wrong.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                      Cdizzle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's true. It's also true that he entered a tie game halfway thru the 3rd Quarter, and built that 17 point lead in 6 minutes.

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Fred played about 16 of the last 18.5 minutes of the game. Maybe he should have played more than 6 or 7 minutes in the first 29.5 minutes.

• Cdizzle
                      Cdizzle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's interesting the way the Raptors have been playing. It has been working though. Fred usually plays 5ish minutes in the first half, and then gets most of the 2nd half. They have like a prototypical NBA starting 5 and then a "College All-Stars" 2nd team that comes in and plays college ball to great effect. Kindof fun to watch, really.

• Comment

• "Fred is No. 1 in the NBA in net rating. That's the team's point differential per 100 possessions while he is on the court."

It's been said for many years by folks around here about Fred, Ron and Tekele. Sometimes it is difficult to quantify, but the score simply goes in the right direction when they are on the court. Hint: Defense is difficult to quantify.

Doug Gottlieb's head would have just exploded if there was anything in there.

Comment

• So freaking cool. Can't wait to see him back here in the summer.

Comment

• Someone smarter than me needs to tweet this at Doug.

Comment

Working...
                          X