Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘One of the greatest teammates you’ll ever have’: Knicks love playing with Ron Baker

BY TAYLOR ELDRIDGE

Comment

• Yesterday, Ron was placed on "inactive" and was not on the 13 man active roster for the Knocks OT win over the Bucks.

Comment

• Look like RB's career with the Knicks is drawing to a close. I hope he is picked up by another NBA team.

Comment

• Good. I'm glad he may get out of NYC. Horribly run franchise!

I feel like he has a very good chance with another NBA team.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like PHX could use some help, particularly with Booker a little questionable.

• Would totally love for Ron to come here!!! I've even called in to the sports radio stations here clamoring for that. The Suns need some maturity and toughness Ron could provide. However the Suns owner sucks pretty bad. How I long for the Colangeo days!!!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• If Ron could have proved his long range shooting, I would feel good about his chances elsewhere. As it stands, I am not sure if a NBA team would take the chance on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
              If Ron could have proved his long range shooting, I would feel good about his chances elsewhere. As it stands, I am not sure if a NBA team would take the chance on him.
              I have no idea how being listed as inactive works. Does it means he still practices with the team, can they send him to the G league, or what else. However, if another team is interested, it depends on both how interested they are, how interested the Knicks are in moving him, and how many teams total may be interested. All this comes down to who shares what % of his guaranteed salary they can agree on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I have no idea how being listed as inactive works. Does it means he still practices with the team, can they send him to the G league, or what else. However, if another team is interested, it depends on both how interested they are, how interested the Knicks are in moving him, and how many teams total may be interested. All this comes down to who shares what % of his guaranteed salary they can agree on.
                I believe Ron's contract is up at the end of this year.

Comment

• NBA teams get 15 contract players and two two-way contracts (half g-league half NBA) but can only have 13 of those 17 suit up for any given game. Ron has been number 13 (Porzingis hurt, Courtney Lee hurt, Lance Thomas hurt, Luke Korner inactive). One of their two-way players is approaching his max number of days on the NBA roster and they are going to sign him to a full contract. Knicks therefore must cut one of the 15 on regular contract to make room. Kornet being inactive was most likely, but Ron may be that guy with recent demotion.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So, can Ron play this year for another team if the Knicks and the other team agreed on what portion of Ron's contract be picked up by the interested team? I understand the Knicks may want to hold to him for "insurance", but that a lot to pay for that insurance.

• ArtVandalay
                    ArtVandalay commented
                    Editing a comment
                    His roughly $4.5 mil salary for this year is guaranteed. If cut, the Knicks still have to pay him. Say he's cut at the halfway point, he'd be owed $2.25 mil. If new team signed him for $1 mil for the year, they'd actually only pay him half or $500,000 and this just means the Knicks would only be on the hook for the remainder, or $1.75 mil in this example.

• I'd love to be proven wrong, but we may be coming to the end of the road for Ron's NBA career.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• 1979Shocker
                    1979Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't know how much of that $8.9 million contract that Ron signed goes for taxes and other deduction, but whether he plays in another NBA game or not, he is still set for life. If he takes home $5 million of that contract, it would take someone working on the outside 50 years to match that if they took home $100K per year.

• #freeRonBaker

give the man a chance Fiz

Comment

• Ron has reappeared on the 13 man active roster (ESPN) for tonight's game. I didn't find anything confirming that he's been reactivated, but assume ESPN show in their box score whoever is shown on the official player roster turned in for that game.

Update: I did see on the bench on a highlight.
                    Last edited by ShockTalk; December 3, 2018, 07:38 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      Ron has reappeared on the 13 man active roster (ESPN) for tonight's game. I didn't find anything confirming that he's been reactivated, but assume ESPN show in their box score whoever is shown on the official player roster turned in for that game.

Update: I did see on the bench on a highlight.
                      He was on the bench because Burke was out injured. I suspect barring injury, Ron won't be making many appearances even on the bench anymore, much less games. Especially with Lance Thomas returning before too terribly long.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                        ShockTalk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for the addition info. I "look" at the NBA, but don't follow it close.

• Baker to be released (or is already released):

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• awwww
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                        X