Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Baker and the Knicks are in town (Phoenix) to play the Suns!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Knicks are dumb. Last game Ron started and only got 12 minutes. Tonight he didn’t play until mop up minutes and got 4 minutes and 3 rebounds. I really hope he finds a better home in the offseason.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• ArtVandalay
      ArtVandalay commented
      Editing a comment
      Ron has a player option for next year. He would be insane not to pick it up. He seems to literally be scared to shoot the ball. He has 0 shot attempts in the last 4 games despite playing 40-45 minutes total. That's just unheard of at the NBA level.

• Knicks just suck. That is all. Sorry ShockerRef for using your line...but seriously...that is all.

Oh....and so do the Suns.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• FadedCrown
      FadedCrown commented
      Editing a comment
      I mean I would try to defend this team but...

• Baker with shoulder injury tonight. I am not a doctor, but that looks dislocated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9V4B4EShTg Tough season for the young man.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
      Baker with shoulder injury tonight. I am not a doctor, but that looks dislocated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9V4B4EShTg Tough season for the young man.
      I was watching and it sure didn’t look good. Unfortunately a snake-bit season. Might be time for a change of scenery.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Ron and Fred are forever linked. As well as Fred is doing now to me, it's just not as much fun as it would be if Ron was having a productive season. I want both dudes to be on top of the hoops world. Hopefully Ron can regroup and get a great chance somewhere else. Stinks. Dude's shoulder did not look good. We love ya Ronnie!

Comment

• that arm flopped around pretty good.

Comment

• "Snake"-bit Baker needs to "escape from New York".
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• pogo
              pogo commented
              Editing a comment
              'I thought you were dead' Sorry I was late to the party but I should have known WstateU would have something :)

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            "Snake"-bit Baker needs to "escape from New York".

“The names Plissken”

image_5023.jpg
            Last edited by WstateU; January 31, 2018, 03:17 PM.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Escape for LA couldn't have sucked more!

Comment

• Dislocated and Torn Labrum .. Out indefinitely ... It's a good thing he got that player option for next year.

Comment

• The play that Ron hurt his shoulder on seemed pretty innocuous. I wonder if that shoulder had sustained some damage or weakening over time and was just ready to go. Ron should be able ot get some good advice on how he should go form Austin Reaves.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxMTXE View Post
                    I’m not the most knowledgeable about this stuff but don’t those seem light for a pro? My wife had some walking weights that look heavier than what he’s using. I figured he’d stay with the squat cleaning like our boys do.
                    One of my old work colleagues who knows I follow Shocker basketball closely sent this to me today. Looks like our hometown hero is healing up from his recent surgery.

Hopefully, while Ron is healing up his shoulder he can get back to Scott City and see his family, visit our boys in Wichita (maybe give them some hustle advice), and take advantage of legendary weights coach Kerry Rosenboom to help bulk his lower body while healing his upper. I know one thing, how important building explosion is for basketball.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                      1972Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe he can write another book that Coach Snyder could promote for him.

• The Legend of Logan Baker continues.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Just FYI, the Wichita Thunder is having Ron Baker bobblehead night on March 30th. The mini Bakers are clad in Shocker yellow and not Knick gear!

Comment

Working...
                      X