Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
    Any word on a time frame for his return?
    I believe he's still day-to-day...

View the profile of Washington Wizards Guard Ron Baker on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
      Any word on a time frame for his return?
      Baker didn't play particularly well in the first three games of the season. Neither did the Knicks. They have played much better since. Not to say either has to do with Ron, but do think he's more of a healthy scratch than an ankle issue. He and Kuzminskas have both been traveling with the team but have been the two of the 15 not to dress (leaving the max 13 to dress).

Noah is still suspended for a few more games. Jarrett Jack is the only Knick not on a guaranteed contract but has worked his way to starter. Meanwhile, Ramon Sessions has taken multiple DNPs in a row. It'll be an interesting move once Noah comes back. They won't keep 4 point guards. The French rookie is a lock to stay, Jack has been starting but is owed nothing if cut. Sessions and Baker not playing, but would cost money to be cut.

Comment

• Well there goes their season ..

Knicks assigned Ron Baker and Damyean Dotson to the G League. Both are expected to play tonight for the Westchester Knicks.
      Ian Begley, ESPN Staff Writer

Comment

• wusphlash
        wusphlash commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotta get some minutes somewhere. Let's see what happens after a couple G League games.

• Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
      Well there goes their season ..

Knicks assigned Ron Baker and Damyean Dotson to the G League. Both are expected to play tonight for the Westchester Knicks.
      Ian Begley, ESPN Staff Writer
      They move players up and down all the time. I'm sure this is just to get him playing time while he works on his ankle. The Knicks have been on a roll, so I doubt they want to mess with their lineup too much right now.

Comment

• Shocker1388
        Shocker1388 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh ok. Well I hope baker gets back to playing soon.

• Assigned to D-league. Or whatever they are calling it now.

Comment

• Ron scored 14 points in Westchester's 95-97 loss to Grand Rapids last night. 4-7 from the field, 3-5 from three, 3-3 from the line, 2 rebounds, 5 steals and 3 turnovers in 35 minutes.

Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Ron played 36 minutes in another 2 point Westchester loss today. 3-7 from the field, 2-6 from 3, 4-4 from the line, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 steals and 3 turnovers.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            Ron played 36 minutes in another 2 point Westchester loss today. 3-7 from the field, 2-6 from 3, 4-4 from the line, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 steals and 3 turnovers.
            I wonder how his ankle is feeling now?

Comment

• "The Knicks have recalled Ron Baker from the G-League.

Baker's ankle is healthy again and he was able to score 12 points for the Westchester Knicks. He will be available for Monday's game vs. the Cavaliers, but he's not in the rotation at the moment. Nov 13 - 9:44 AM"

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The bad news for Ron is that the Knicks just cut someone to make room for Noah and it wasn't a PG. They even mentioned not cutting Sessions (third string PG owed $700,000 less than guy they cut) due to Jack's injury history. They evidently are not confident right now on Ron potentially backing up the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                  The bad news for Ron is that the Knicks just cut someone to make room for Noah and it wasn't a PG. They even mentioned not cutting Sessions (third string PG owed $700,000 less than guy they cut) due to Jack's injury history. They evidently are not confident right now on Ron potentially backing up the point.
                  Not sure that it's relevant. Wouldn't make sense to cut a guard to make room for Noah anyways. Especially on a team that already has a large group of centers and forwards in the rotation. Sessions definitely seems like a only break in case of emergency guard at this point(thank goodness).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

Not sure that it's relevant. Wouldn't make sense to cut a guard to make room for Noah anyways. Especially on a team that already has a large group of centers and forwards in the rotation. Sessions definitely seems like a only break in case of emergency guard at this point(thank goodness).
                    But they did cut a 3 and not a pf or center while specifically mentioning keeping sessions for pg because of Jack's injury history. Just saying that despite the contract he just received, he has a lot of work to do if he is going to see PT for the non gleague Knicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post

But they did cut a 3 and not a pf or center while specifically mentioning keeping sessions for pg because of Jack's injury history. Just saying that despite the contract he just received, he has a lot of work to do if he is going to see PT for the non gleague Knicks.
                      I mean I think Sessions is terrible, but I don't think I would cut him either, or at least I would be keeping another pg on staff. Right now the Knicks PG situation is: rookie who is struggling offensively, injury prone vet, and 2nd year PG who hasn't shown he can hit a shot yet. Kuz is listed as a SF but I'm not sure I've ever seen him play the 3 truly. He seems more of a 3/4 tweener.

Comment

• They cut Kuz...

Comment

• Ron Baker: New York’s secret weapon and key to landing LeBron next season! (click the photo or the top link)
                          79k Likes, 991 Comments - Bleacher Report (@bleacherreport) on Instagram: “Kristaps is all-in on bringing LeBron to NYC next season
                          The Assman

Comment

Working...
                          X