Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last year, 2016, when he came out of WSU, did he have options? I'm not be debating his decision this year to go back to the Knicks for millions.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Odd stats. Porzingis was 5 of 6 with Baker running the point in about 5 minutes of playing together. And he was 6 of 14 with Sessions at point for about 30 minutes of them playing together. The team shot 15 of 24 (62.5%) with Baker at point for his 15 minutes and 22 of 57 (38.6%) without him at point.

Baker has shown he can run the offense and setup the main scorers. People can complain about his skill in dibble penetration and staying in front of the best point guards. But, like VanVleet said about the best point guards, you can't stop them ... just slow them down.

I'm hoping that Baker's ankle continues to heal and he gets back to 100%. Because it will probably be a tough 2nd year in the NBA playing on the Knicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
        Last year, 2016, when he came out of WSU, did he have options? I'm not be debating his decision this year to go back to the Knicks for millions.
        All we can (and ever will) know for sure is that the Knicks were willing to pay him $5 mill a year. Whether they did that because he had other options or whether they did that to make sure he wouldn't go looking for other options is something we will never know. It's also something that doesn't matter.

I don't see that it makes a difference if the Knicks did it reactively or proactively.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• :banghead:.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I just wish Shocker players would quit having to go to the Knicks, so I can stop watching that team. First Toure, then Cle, now poor Ron. When Ron's deal is up, hopefully other teams start bidding for him. Still really happy to see him in the NBA.

Comment

• Knicks don't like winning. They prefer to stockpile draft picks. Why else would they take out the guys that build leads only to let the "stars" give the games away?
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• The Knicks were playing harder against Detroit than I have ever seen them play. I think if they can keep up the progress they can at least win some games this year. Their fans are really noisy but also really loyal and if they see them putting up that sort of effort to improve they will be giving them the help that fans can give.

Comment

• When you’re trying to make it in the league, you go for the money, doesn’t matter where it is.

Comment

• Did anyone watch the game last night to see if Ron was on the bench and how gimpy he appeared to be?

Comment

• I didnt watch the game but looked at the box score afterwards. He wasnt listed on the active roster.
                      Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                        I didnt watch the game but looked at the box score afterwards. He wasnt listed on the active roster.
                        Yeah I knew he was inactive but wasn't sure if players on IR travel with the team in those instances. Primarily was curious to see if the injury was noticeable.

Comment

• Ron was with them but not dressed. Didn't look injured. They had 13 dressed. Isn't that the limit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                            Ron was with them but not dressed. Didn't look injured. They had 13 dressed. Isn't that the limit?
                            Coach has said that the ankle has been hampering his play. It is the same ankle injury that kept him out of all but the last pre-season game.

Comment

• Hornacek said Ron wasn't dressed because the ankle had been hindering his performance on the floor. I assumed that meant he was giving him a chance to heal up the rest of the way. Not sure that them getting wins with him not dressed is a positive for his future playing time though.
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Any word on a time frame for his return?

Comment

Working...
                                X