Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sekshoxfan View Post
    I never knew Ron had native blood. Nice article with lots of info of the Shockers connection to the Knicks.

http://www.ndnsports.com/new-york-kn...league-roster/
    I guess I wasn't paying attention. I didn't realize Baker's stats rankings in so many categories in just a little over 3 years. This is what he did in 3 years and a few games

Scoring - 8th
    3-pt. makes - 2nd
    Assists - 9th - Put an exclamation point on that one! 9th in assists for a SG!
    Steals - 4th
    Field goals made - 11th
    Free throws made - 11th
    Blocked shots - 13th - Put another exclamation point on that one!
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Seeing the amount of money being thrown around to average players today alone in the NBA, Ron should be making 5 to 10 mil by next year

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Seeing the amount of money being thrown around to average players today alone in the NBA, Ron should be making 5 to 10 mil by next year
        Delladova is looking at almost $10 mill/yr.

That seems crazy to me, but you're worth what someone will pay you.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Wuchalk View Post
          it's amazing that we had those two playing at the same time. Just think, if we had had Dave Stallworth and Xavier McDaniel at the same time!
          And, by the way, I still miss Tekele Cotton. His improvement over 4 years was incredible.
          Well, we had the next best thing to that: AC & X. And on the same team at shooting guard was a McDonald's all-american game MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
            Well, we had the next best thing to that: AC & X. And on the same team at shooting guard was a McDonald's all-american game MVP.
            Looking at duos in the same class:

Dave Stallworth/Nate Bowman
            Carr/Levingston
            McDaniel/Sherrod
            Baker/VanVleet
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Looking at duos in the same class:

Dave Stallworth/Nate Bowman
              Carr/Levingston
              McDaniel/Sherrod
              Baker/VanVleet
              Wessel/Vautravers

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                Wessel/Vautravers
                Underrated.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                  Wessel/Vautravers
                  That same year produced Wessel/White
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    That same year produced Wessel/White
                    And Cotton. The tandem of Cotton/Wessel is actually worth a second look, but not on the level of the others mentioned. I couldn't resist the Vautravers reference...

Comment

While we're throwing around all this well deserved gushing of the dynamic duo FVV/Baker, let's not forget they had a great supporting (or starring) cast over their years which made their 4 straight NCAAs possible. Cotton, Early, Hall, Armstead, Wessel, Carter, Grady, other very good roll players, and younger players like Morris, McDuffie, Brown, and Frankamp who have yet to hit their peak.

Fred and Ron are two of our greatest players, but they also had some of our strongest and deepest rosters and, oh yes, our greatest head coach. It is indeed, a great time to be a Shocker!!!

:poster_shocks::yahoo::poster_wu::yahoo:

Comment

I think Ron cemented himself with a roster spot, after his last two Summer League games
                        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          While we're throwing around all this well deserved gushing of the dynamic duo FVV/Baker, let's not forget they had a great supporting (or starring) cast over their years which made their 4 straight NCAAs possible. Cotton, Early, Hall, Armstead, Wessel, Carter, Grady, other very good roll players, and younger players like Morris, McDuffie, Brown, and Frankamp who have yet to hit their peak.

Fred and Ron are two of our greatest players, but they also had some of our strongest and deepest rosters and, oh yes, our greatest head coach. It is indeed, a great time to be a Shocker!!!

:poster_shocks::yahoo::poster_wu::yahoo:
                          Would that be cinnamon roll or dinner roll?
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                            Would that be cinnamon roll or dinner roll?
                            Dinner.

Comment

Anyone read that going to Italy is on his table?

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                                Anyone read that going to Italy is on his table?
                                http://shockernet.net/forum/showthread.php?21925-NBA-Summer-League&p=662821&viewfull=1#post662821

Ron does have an invitation to the Knicks training camp in hand so Italy would seem to be a back up plan.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 9, 2016, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X