Favorite Play of the Marshall Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WUwolf View Post
    Hey Guys,Ive been gone for almost 4 years and have watched my beloved shocks in a double...
    ??

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

There may have been more 'important' plays ( vs. Gonzaga, vs. Ohio St. etc.) but my 'favorite' play will always be Tekele's dunk at Illinois St. I have watched it so many times and it never ever gets old.

Comment

Originally posted by Power Outlet View Post
        There may have been more 'important' plays ( vs. Gonzaga, vs. Ohio St. etc.) but my 'favorite' play will always be Tekele's dunk at Illinois St. I have watched it so many times and it never ever gets old.
        That is an amazing thing.

Comment

Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post
          You are giving in to the fear of the unknown.

I fear not the unknown, for I have not met him.

Comment

Does anyone have a link to Fred's shot vs Gonzaga? I don't think I've seen it once since witnessing it live.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
              Does anyone have a link to Fred's shot vs Gonzaga? I don't think I've seen it once since witnessing it live.
              I'd like to see that one too.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                Go to this link: http://www.ncaa.com/video/basketball-men/2013-03-23/mbb-305-wsu-zag

Fred's shot is at the 2:07 mark. Joy. Pure joy.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

"Better or not depends on how we are measuring it.

Better than 15-16 at its best (or at its best minus Landry): not very likely. This year's team could have made a serious run at Houston.
                  Better in terms of the resume over the course of the season and rpi in the 30s: maybe maybe not..."

Well said, Mad.

Staying off-topic for a moment... remember that WSU doesn't have to be better to have a better record, just healthier. We're comparing against a team that finished St. Louis 24-8 but would probably have won at least 4-5 more, and enjoyed a much better seed and deeper NCAA run, had either FVV or Landry been 100% all year. So if the Shocks make it through without significant personnel losses next season, the real baseline for comparison is probably another 30+ win team. Coming up a little short of that still leaves room for a pretty noteworthy year.

Getting back on topic, I still can't help going back mentally to Zach Brown taking advantage of Sleepy Oubre or Cotton's poster dunk against the big Redbird -- both pretty simple plays, and not nearly as artistic or meaningful in some analytical sense as Doc's example. But both great memories in their own right.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    The one play that unfortunately didn't happen was at the end of the beat down of bubble u where Cotton was taking off (about to thrown down)...and "asleep at the wheel" decided to flagrant him. Sure would've liked to seen that finish. I feel that one would've been talked about even in heaven amongst the angels and saints.
                    Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                    Yeah, Tekele was going for a DUNK ANGRY moment on that play. I too wish he would have thrown down the hammer on it.
                    I agree… that could have been a dunk for the ages and even topped the Illinois St. masterpiece. Shoot, it could have been one of the great dunks in NCAA tournament history… unfortunately, the one that never happened. You just know Tekele was going to throw down something legendary.

What a privilege it was to see him play and I feel sorry for those who didn't. I simply loved the guy!

And his teammates loved him too…

Thank you Tekele!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                      I don't think we will be better, but I don't think we will fall too far at all. I still think we will compete to win the MVC as usual. I think we will have a good shot at making the NCAA tournament. There will come a day when the rest of the MVC finally develops and puts together a solid year, and if that coincidentally happens next year, we may struggle some, but not because our team is going to be bad. We have the pieces in place to expect another good year. But yeah, there are more unknowns than usual this time around.
                      It amazes me that every year we have the same concerns and yet HCGM works his magic and the naysayers--other Valley teams--are silenced. I agree the turnover this year is about the same...it's the quality of player we lose that may make a larger difference than usual. I do have confidence that HCGM will continue his mastery of compiling a team of talent that blends chemistry into a winning formula and surprise a lot of folks yet again. The level of talent we have always gives me great optimism.

Comment

Working...
                      X