MVC transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    whatever happened to top-100 recruit (i think) kenny manigault?
    Kenny finally found "it" this season at Pikeville. He was named NAIA's D1 national POY.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      Does anyone know how John Smith's career ended up at VCU?

I was a little surprised he ended going to such a little recognized school as that. I can't remember who, but someone on this board mentioned VCU's credentials just fairly recently. Maybe they'd know.
      How his career didn't end in a transfer to the Buckingham Correctional Center is beyond me. When they talk about John being a bad man, they are not comparing him to Baker. He was a bad, bad person. Sadly, his transfer was one of the best things to happen to WSU basketball in the 90s. What an embarrassing time to support the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
        Kenny finally found "it" this season at Pikeville. He was named NAIA's D1 national POY.
        Worked a number of his games last couple of years. Good player but he was still rail thin, especially his legs. Not a physical player in any sense.
        Good on the floor to deal with. Smiled a lot, enjoyed the game and never any attitude issues.

UPike ended up being a good fit and place to finish his collegiate career.

That is all.
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Kenny was a three star player in a time when we weren't getting 3* guys. http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/kenny-manigault
          Livin the dream

Comment

Good for him. That's quite an honor.

It's not unusual for players in that category to be 1st round draft picks.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              Good for him. That's quite an honor.

"For the season, the senior ranked No. 1 in the NAIA in total steals with 83 and 16th nationally in scoring at 19.4 points per contest. Manigault had a career-high scoring night on Feb. 26, pouring in 44 points at Life (Ga.), which was the fifth most points scored by an NAIA player in 2014-15."

PIKEVILLE, Ky. -- Kenny Manigault is the NAIA Division I Men's Basketball Player of the Year, becoming the first player in University of Pikeville history to earn
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Unheard of? No.

Unusual? Yes.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  Unheard of? No.

Unusual? Yes.
                  Aside from 1st round status, how is it unusual?

Have you watched an NBA game lately and been taken aback because an NAIA player was on the floor?

Comment

Aside from 1st round status, how is it unusual?

Have you watched an NBA game lately and been taken aback because an NAIA player was on the floor?
                    So first round draft pick was your qualifier, so there is that.

Additionally, I have not been taken aback due to an NAIA player in the NBA, and in fact I can't even find one on a quick google search. Please provide a list of current NAIA players in the NBA.

Thanks!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

So first round draft pick was your qualifier, so there is that.

Additionally, I have not been taken aback due to an NAIA player in the NBA, and in fact I can't even find one on a quick google search. Please provide a list of current NAIA players in the NBA.

Thanks!
                      How about you look it up. Your the one who differed.

I quit being amused at the novelty of an NAIA player in the NBA at about the time of Jack Sikma.

Many more before and after too...

Comment

• Jack Sikma did not play NAIA basketball. He played NCAA D-III at Illinois Wesleyan. Perhaps the functional equivalent though. Hell of a player.

Comment

How about you look it up. Your the one who differed.

I quit being amused at the novelty of an NAIA player in the NBA at about the time of Jack Sikma.

Many more before and after too...
                          I did look it up. There aren't any. I thought maybe I missed some and was offering you an opportunity to look less like an ass.

I am aware of Scottie Pippen and Manute Bol, but they retired years ago. In today's NBA, there are No NAIA players, and as such I will stand by my assertion that it is unusual but not unheard of.
                          Last edited by wufan; April 27, 2016, 08:04 PM.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

I did look it up. There aren't any. I thought maybe I missed some and was offering you an opportunity to look less like an ass.

I am aware of Scottie Pippen and Manute Bol, but they retired years ago. In today's NBA, there are No NAIA players, and as such I will stand by my assertion that it is unusual nut not unheard of.
                            There's many more over the years. I know, because I've watched 'em. I'm not going by what I've read on the internet.

So good try, but you're not going to change what I know to be true. Now if we were talking about asians, I might agree.

I'm not surprised you had to look it up. Thanks for reinforicing that for me.

As far as looking like an ass, you wish, I have no doubt.

Comment

• Nm
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Nm
                                Adieu. Until we meet again.

Comment

Working...
                                X