UNI v. TAMU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Ref chipped in with a terrible - and one - call when there was ABSOLUTELY no foul committed. UNI
    player was backing away from the scorer and the call was a gift that ended up being the difference in
    the game. Just feel terrible for UNI. Coach and WW have to take most of the blame - and a ref.
    I hate initials. Who is WW?
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      It's because they were having a CBI type season until the beginning of March.
      Exactly...if you don't support a team throughout, you don't get to benefit the rewards. If you can't deal w/ the downs, don't celebrate the ups. I swear i think Shockernet does more posts in a day then the Panther Nation site does in a full cbb season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
        I hate initials. Who is WW?
        Wes Washpun

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
          Exactly...if you don't support a team throughout, you don't get to benefit the rewards. If you can't deal w/ the downs, don't celebrate the ups. I swear i think Shockernet does more posts in a day then the Panther Nation site does in a full cbb season.
          There are probably more post on SN on the UNI game than on the UNI forum.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            I thought the Burns debacle was against indiana State, and I remember thinking at the time that he was pretty much being mugged.
            I believe I remember the Burns incident.

At the time I sat on row 1, just behind the railing in the southwest corner. Actually there is not a row 1 behind the railings in the corner. The first row behind the railing is row 3 or 4.

When the incident occurred, I was just a few feet away from Burns. As he bent over the ball and flailing his arms from left to right and back left again, I thought he is either going to be tied up or get a 5 second call. Sure enough. Indiana State ball and we lost the game on the late shot.

Randy loved to shoot free throws, when the game was on the line and he was a very fine free throw shooter. Randy could have passed or dribbled the ball out, but he hunched over the ball and flailed. He did not get the call.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              Throwing the ball in to a man in the corner is just asking for trouble, when the opponent is in an all man press.
              How many times have two players tried and failed to throw the ball off another player and each defensive player ends up getting the ball and scoring?

Comment

And UNI fans are blaming the refs... of course they are. Since the refs made you turn the ball over multiple times and not be able to finish. I can't lie...that game took quite a bit of the sting out of the loss Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                  And UNI fans are blaming the refs... of course they are. Since the refs made you turn the ball over multiple times and not be able to finish. I can't lie...that game took quite a bit of the sting out of the loss Saturday.
                  That's only natural. SNers do it all the time when we lose and when we win.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    How many times have two players tried and failed to throw the ball off another player and each defensive player ends up getting the ball and scoring?
                    I don't know, but it sure seems that opposing teams are quite capable of bouncing the ball off of one of our guys so they can retain possession.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Mark Adams ‏@EnthusiAdams · 14h14 hours ago

And that is not a foul. Better seed doesn't mean more breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Mark Adams ‏@EnthusiAdams · 14h14 hours ago

And that is not a foul. Better seed doesn't mean more breaks.
                        Unfortunately, that is too often called a foul, but even more unfortunate is that is neither always called a foul nor never called a foul, even by the same officials in the same game at different times. Much more contact with much more effect on the play has been not called, so what's a defender to do?
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I kind feel sorry for UNI. They have been the brunt of much criticism and ridicule today.

Today I was driving and listening to Sirius XM. The two talking heads went on and on in criticizing UNI's play in the last minute of regulation.

They were also blasted on a ESPN television show. I do know the names of the hosts. One is a former college quarterback. Danny somebody. Kanell maybe?

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Damn, the Atlanta Hawks Twitter feed was mocking UNI...

As long as we get it to 12 with :44 seconds left we've got a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                              Damn, the Atlanta Hawks Twitter feed was mocking UNI...

As long as we get it to 12 with :44 seconds left we've got a chance.
                              Someone should make a student sign for the game against UNI at Koch next year.

UNI,

Up 12
                              with
                              0:44 to go.

Comment

You can't defend UNI here. They screwed the pooch more than any other team ever has. They could have just thrown it full court 3 times and won. So stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X