Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calipari's epic Selection Sunday rant

Calipari's epic Selection Sunday rant

It included a shoutout to "Alaskan Bush People," , "the screw job Wichita State got two year's ago", ....

John Calipari reacts to Kentucky being a No. 4 seed in the NCAA tournament, says he wouldn't have minded the team having to play in Anchorage because he's such a big fan of the television show 'Alaskan Bush People' and even does a Dick Vitale impression.

Just thought this deserved it's own tread. Please feel free to move if necessary.

Now that's funny and there is some truth in what he says. Thank you for bringing this .

Comment

There seems to be two schools of thought when selecting teams. Choose the intrinsically better team who is "hot", or choose the team that presents the best body of work/resume. Cal said they move the goal posts from year to year, but it seems like they move it from team to team.
      “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
      -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

It included a shoutout to "Alaskan Bush People," , "the screw job Wichita State got two year's ago", ....

John Calipari reacts to Kentucky being a No. 4 seed in the NCAA tournament, says he wouldn't have minded the team having to play in Anchorage because he's such a big fan of the television show 'Alaskan Bush People' and even does a Dick Vitale impression.

Just thought this deserved it's own tread. Please feel free to move if necessary.
        For an unknown reason, I have never cottoned to him. I think I just changed my mind.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
          For an unknown reason, I have never cottoned to him. I think I just changed my mind.
          I have an Uncle who played for him when he was an assistant at KU. Says Cal is a good guy, gets a bad rap.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Despite what happened at UMass and Memphis (and what we all presume is happening at UK), I've always had a hard time decrying the man because in every interview I see with him, he seems to me like a guy who really, REALLY just loves the game of basketball. He's always been complimentary to his opponents, us included.

Comment

Two things can be true at the same time.

Never been a better example of this than Cal.

Comment

I've never been a fan of Cal, solely because I feel like a dark cloud of **** follows him and gets dumped on the school as he skates away for greener pastures. But, it's hard to actually hate his persona. He's like a more charming Gregg Marshall.

Comment

Cal could have starred in My Cousin Vinny.
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

After watching Cal, don't forget to scroll down the page and read, "All you need to know about every team in the NCAA tournament field" by Eamonn Brennan.

Note the "The wild card".

Oops, here's the link... http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14966551

They moved the article...

The field is set. Here's a comprehensive look at the NCAA tournament field with what you need to know about all 68 teams.
                    Last edited by WstateU; March 14, 2016, 04:57 PM.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I have a new respect for Coach Cal after what he said about the Shockers and 2 years ago. Even he knows it was a screw job from hell that we had to play them in the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                        I have a new respect for Coach Cal after what he said about the Shockers and 2 years ago. Even he knows it was a screw job from hell that we had to play them in the second round.
                        I disagree.

Kentucky's ceiling was way higher than an 8 seed. But their resume was not. Sometimes that happens. Ask Arizona about it on Thursday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          I disagree.

Kentucky's ceiling was way higher than an 8 seed. But their resume was not. Sometimes that happens. Ask Arizona about it on Thursday night.
                          Yeah, they underachieved during the year. I never had any issue with them being an 8 seed, but I did have an issue with the location of the game being closer to the 8 seed than it is to the 1 seed. You'd think that should probably favor the better-seeded team...

Comment

Maybe I'm stupid, or naïve, or whatever, but I've always kinda liked Coach Cal. Gotta like a guy who gets thrown out of a game in the first 2+ minutes, don'tcha?
                            "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Working...
                            X