NCAA Logistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Logistics

Figured a separate thread for discussion of travel arrnagements, tickets, etc. would be useful.

Anyone with inside info on what package if any the Alumni Assoc will be able to put together?

Dayton is possibly drivable, but Providence isn't unless you can be gone for more than a week. Flights will presumably be tough to come by and very expensive if you wait to book Providence (hoping we get past Dayton) until after Dayton. Travel gurus help!

This will be an expensive mess for our fans. Nothing affordable or convenient about it.

First world problems though, I suppose.

Comment

Do we know if we play Tuesday or Wednesday?
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
        Do we know if we play Tuesday or Wednesday?
        Tuesday

Comment

Do we have a time?
          “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
          John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by 19SHOCKER76 View Post
            Do we have a time?
            Not yet.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

8:10pm
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We play after the 5:50 PM game is over on Thursday.

Comment

Regretfully this will be the first NCAA Tournament opener that I will be missing in person. Have been fortunate enough to be in Greensboro, Portland, Salt Lake City, St Louis and Omaha for our opening weekends since 2006. I know our Shocker faithful will show up and cheer loud. I'll miss being there but I'll be cheering my ass off from home. Go Shox!

Comment

Zero chance I can go with that setup and location. Should've just took the whole week off and loaded up my car.

Comment

Dayton

I know this is a tough one to attend and support, even for Shocker faithful, with such short prep time.

If you are coming...
                      UD Arena is on the south side of town, just off I-75 (you can see it from the interstate).
                      There is a Marriott right across the river from the arena, but the NCAA usually books it for their support people and VIP's.

The airport is on the northwest side of town in the suburb of Vandalia. Its about a 30 minute drive from the airport to the UD area.

I would suggest staying on the south side, just off St Rte 725, exit #43. There are a number of hotels and restaurants close by and only 10 minutes south of the arena.

The arena is adjacent to the UD campus and has the usual college type eateries and establishments.

That is all.
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                      X