The Coaching Changes Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From rivals.com...

Western Kentucky's Darrin Horn and South Carolina officials are approaching the final stages of completing a multi-year contract that will make him the next men's basketball coach for the Gamecocks, multiple sources close to the USC athletic program have told Gamecock Central.

According to the sources, Horn will receive a base salary of approximately $600,000, plus incentives and bonuses that could push his annual compensation towards $800,000.
    Seems like it's a little further along than just a rumor now.

Comment

Kruger to Indiana?

Comment

So HCGM would have taken a pay cut to go to S. Carolina?

Kruger and Indiana would probably be a good fit.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
          Kruger to Indiana?
          Can't find the links now, but I remember seeing articles over the weekend indicating that Bennett at Wash St was rumored to have already accepted the job. Based on his roots as an assistant for his dad in the Big 10, combined with the style he uses (which is typical big 10), it would seem to be a good fit.

Comment

According to ESPN, Bennet is not interested. Mike Montgomery is mentioned in the article.

After speaking to Indiana athletic director Rick Greenspan on the telephone Saturday night, Washington State coach Tony Bennett told ESPN.com Sunday he has decided not to pursue the Hoosiers' head coaching job.
            Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

George Mason's Jim Larranaga has been offered the head coaching position at Providence. He is a Providence alum.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Mason fans are rightfuly worried. Turning down ones PC would be quite a statement. I hope for our friends from Mason that Coach L stays. They have a good class coming in that would really help solidify thier place. I'd hate to see them lose that... Sounds like we should have an answer from Coach L by tomorrow morning
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Tom Crean's the new boss at Indiana

Comment

Indiana may have finally made a good hire after kicking the General out of town

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Sutton gone from OSU, Crean leaving Marquette for Indiana, O'Neill not staying at Arizona, Providence looking for a new coach and if they get their man, then George Mason jumps on the roller coaster -- and the ride keeps going round and round and round and ....

All I can say is that I certainly hope we (Marshall) are out of sight and off the radar for the rest of this circus. I'll be glad when the dust finally settles.

Comment

Here's another article about Crean to Indiania:

Comment

Looks like PC will still be looking for a coach since Coach L decided to stay put at Mason. That makes me happy :D
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Western Kentucky hired Texas Assistant McDonald as their new HC.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                            X