No announcement yet.

WSU @ Evansville Game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great win today, defense was really good today despite the officiating which got in the way.Fred really took over the game in the second half taking it to the basket, and Conner came of the bench and hit a few threes and handled the ball well as the Aces were trying to press. Shaq played well in limited time, but I felt Grady came through and played solid, adding four blocks. We really didn't let Evansville get comfortable on offense and limited them to one shot pretty much all game. Evan hit a few threes, one big one in the second half when they cut our lead from 20 to 12. He seems to have a knack for hitting key threes or grabbing key rebounds. Zach Brown didn't have a good offensive game but his job on Ballentine along with Mcduffie was huge. Really the most damage they did was at the line. Great road win, three game lead with eight left. Start taking ring sizes, I think we're on the verge for number three in a row, and four of the last five.

Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post
      It's a KenPom stat. FTA/FGA "defense". Shocks have not been dead last but one of the worst. It's a KenPom stat percent of free throws attempted per field goals attempted. I have been tracking it for several weeks. In effect the Shocks are not getting getting the benefit of the doubt. Might be a case of "Valley" ref's don't give us much credit or we really do "reach" too much. Either way I don't care as our boys kicked ass tonight in spite of the refs. Shocks rank fourth from last in this category.

From Ken Pomeroy:

FTA/FGA: ranking 348 of 351 teams.
      As far as this stat is concerned, is it possible that our defense may actually hurt us in other ways than just fouling? I mean, if we steal the ball, there is no FGA, so the opponents get less FG attempts as a result of great defense. Thus, if we gave up the same amount of free throws as team X, but allowed 8 less field goal attempts than team X, would they be ranked better in this stat than we are?
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        One small level of creepiness below the Burger "King" mascot

+

=

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• It wasn't the most aesthetic win but it was more impressive than the final score would indicate. Plus coupled with UNI's win over SIU it was a great day for the Shocks.

I think we can officially say: Houston, we have separation. Now it's time for the Shocks to put the pedal to the metal and disappear over the horizon.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
            Classless EU fans chanting DUI at CF shooting free throws.
            Buffet Day at the Karma Cafe! LOL
            Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Yeah, the DUI chant was pathetic. Typical for a fan base that shows up to 1 game a year. Defense got sloppy in the last 7 mins, but foul trouble caused that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                Yeah, the DUI chant was pathetic. Typical for a fan base that shows up to 1 game a year. Defense got sloppy in the last 7 mins, but foul trouble caused that.
                I'm probably in the minority, but I enjoyed the DUI chant. I got a slight chuckle out of it, especially since CF reacted by sinking every free throw while they were chanting. It could be that I enjoyed the chant because I was a player who thrived when being taunted. It also could be that I was impressed they were able to get the 6,000 other "fans" who never show up to join in... Super Bowl much?
                Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                  Yeah, the DUI chant was pathetic. Typical for a fan base that shows up to 1 game a year. Defense got sloppy in the last 7 mins, but foul trouble caused that.
                  We should have started chanting "UI" when their players stepped up to the line -- 'cause their players don't have any D.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• On the Eagle's website there is the usual postgame interview with Paul Suellentrop (always must see imho) where he mentions Valley Supervisor of Officials Eddie Jackson was in attendance. This is becoming a trend....Eddie shows up and the fouls soon follow.

Comment

• Yet another game in which we force the other team into more turnovers than made field goals. How many times has that happened this season? Amazing.

Comment

• Mark Adams ‏@EnthusiAdams · 10h10 hours ago
                        My thanks to @RDB_sh31ox and @FredVanVleet for saying hi to Robby. Made his day!

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
                          I'm probably in the minority, but I enjoyed the DUI chant. I got a slight chuckle out of it, especially since CF reacted by sinking every free throw while they were chanting. It could be that I enjoyed the chant because I was a player who thrived when being taunted. It also could be that I was impressed they were able to get the 6,000 other "fans" who never show up to join in... Super Bowl much?
                          I found it amusing, also I wouldn't throw stones since we chanted the same thing at Eglseder in the MVC tournament in 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            We should have started chanting "UI" when their players stepped up to the line -- 'cause their players don't have any D.
                            This is as good as it gets. Thank you.

Comment

• How was this a foul on McDuffie https://www.instagram.com/p/BBP1S7hP...1HOfdlIUjsl40/
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                                The best part is it is called by someone without a clear view of when "the foul" was made, and not the guy standing 2 feet from the players.

Comment

Working...
                                X