SEC Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEC Tourney

Did anyone see what happened down it ATL last night with that storm? It ripped part of the roof off and forced them to postpone the second game.

So today, either Kentucky or Georgia will have to play 2 games today.

The National Weather Service on Saturday confirmed that a tornado struck downtown Atlanta on Friday night, damaging the Georgia Dome and forcing the Southeastern Conference tournament to move.

Has anyone ever heard of something like this happening?

They are only allowing family and friends of the teams, media or people with credentials, and the bands into the games that were moved to Georgia Tech so that they could be completed. They are gonna have to refund a butt load of money, because it was reported that Kentucky alone had 20,000 fans down there.

Re: SEC Tourney

Originally posted by rrshock
    Did anyone see what happened down it ATL last night with that storm? It ripped part of the roof off and forced them to postpone the second game.

The National Weather Service on Saturday confirmed that a tornado struck downtown Atlanta on Friday night, damaging the Georgia Dome and forcing the Southeastern Conference tournament to move.

They are only allowing family and friends of the teams, media or people with credentials, and the bands into the games that were moved to Georgia Tech so that they could be completed. They are gonna have to refund a butt load of money, because it was reported that Kentucky alone had 20,000 fans down there.
    I'd just be happy I didn't die. They're reporting 125mph winds last night.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Re: SEC Tourney

Originally posted by BA2929
      Originally posted by rrshock

I'd just be happy I didn't die. They're reporting 125mph winds last night.
      I'd be happy to have my life too. It's just really weird that they had a tornado in the city.

Comment

Just a bit of the damage from the Atlanta tornado inside the Georgia World Congress Center

Comment

Atlanta photographer Shane Durrance appears to have captured a shot of the tornado that clipped the Georgia Dome during overtime of Friday night's SEC tournament quarterfinal between Alabama and Mississippi State. He sent the photo to WXIA-TV in Atlanta. Shane...

Comment

Working...
          X