Redshirt, Redshort? Whats the diff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redshirt, Redshort? Whats the diff?

Been hearing a lot of talk about Shamet, everyone trying to figure out if he can or can’t redshirt. Let me just say this and listen up because I am Tyrone Shoelace and I KNOW basketball (I invented the cross-over dribble back in the early 70’s for crying out loud!) If Marshall wants to redshirt him, he WILL get him a medical redshirt. Plain and simple, there are PLENTY of doctors in Marshall's back pocket that are more than happy to give him what ever documentation he desires. It’s all about who you know! I happen to know this first hand.
    Back in my glory days I had a crucial one on one match up lined up with another cat that likes to post on ShockerNet (won't mention his name but initials DD), There was BIG TIME cash on the line. We are talking more coin than some of you bench warmers make in a year. Problem is, my game was a little off due to a heartless game playing chic that was messing with my head. As some of you know my only two weakness’s are burritos and babes. Anyway, I knew that I could not risk playing for such high stakes if I was not on my game. I needed a way out. So I contacted a friend who had a friend who knew a doctor that would write an official physicians letter. Here is a copy of that letter.

To whom it may concern,
    Due to inflamed hemorroidal tissue, Tyrone Shoelace will be unable to participate in athletic competition and will be red shorting for the remainder of the season or until the itching and burning goes away. He will be released to perform any and all athletic maneuvers, including his patented cross-over dribble which he invented back in the early 70’s, when and only when he is able to perform a release of his own without discomfort. Once Mr. Shoelace is able to release a brown trout into the porcelain fishbowl without the assistance of creams, lotions, or Medamucil, he will be immediately re-evaluated and given a full medical release. In my professional opinion, this does exempt Mr. Shoelace from the prior engagement with D_____D______, and therefore makes the bet null and void.
    Signed
    Dr. Red Dook
    Professional Doctor

Now if Marshall has any trouble getting a redshirt for Shamet, I would be more than happy to put him in touch with Red Dook, for a professional doctor’s letter. However, I would like to be compensated with season tickets, mid court, no more than 10 rows up.
    I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

You all talk Tyrone but here's a little rime for ya:

Im da bro with the fro
    But you da no show
    I wear deez spectacles
    You got no testicles
    I show up for the game
    You show up lame
    You say your butt be itchin
    Head messed up Your lady be… uh complainin
    Now you come clean with fake Doc letta
    People on this board THEY KNOW WHO BETTA!

Drop the mic and walk…..
    Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

So that's the real story with @WuDrWu:!

Classic

Comment

3 posts in and already this thread has reached epic status.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Pretty much

Comment

Well Tyrone...at least it's all "behind" you now. Lol
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

@_kai_: can we get a sticky?
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                makes me miss C0|d
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Tyrone, DD, thanks for sharing this to the SN family. These are details we need to know. Which one of you played Ricky Ross in a one on one game and who won? What about them Shockers? I remember predictions many moons ago '82-78 Shocker wins, Duke Tshomba comes off the bench and scores 21.'
                  DD saved me on another Shocker Board a long, long time ago from the Preacher Pork Chop who wanted my hard head on a platter. Yikes!!!!!!!
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

FSF my brutha! We need Duke Tshomba back. I liked his style.
                    As for Ricky Ross I ran into him at Cessna activity center back in 82 and lets just say after the game I told him to get off the bus cause I took him to school.
                    Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

Comment

This takes me back to the ezBoard days. Love this thread.

Comment

Ol Duke Tshomba!
                          Livin the dream

Comment

its only in LS best interest really to come back and play with two all americans...yes health is always number one...but if you are healthy and able...you go along this special ride that this season has the potential to be.

Comment

"When and only when he is able to perform a release of his own..." Oh my...I will be laughing about that all week. Thanks Tyrone. I feel like Shockernet '15-'16 officially started today.

Comment

Working...
                              X