Marshall Record in Sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Record in Sight

I believe the record for consecutive 30 win seasons by a coach is 4 by Bill Self (someone correct me if I'm wrong). With our prospects for this season, I would expect Marshall can tie that record this year.

He who shall not be named also did it for 4 years at Memphis starting in the 05-06 season, but I'm not sure if that accounts for any possible vacated wins or not. Too lazy to look.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
      He who shall not be named also did it for 4 years at Memphis starting in the 05-06 season, but I'm not sure if that accounts for any possible vacated wins or not. Too lazy to look.
      You are correct. The NCAA vacated his 2007-2008 results which, if they had stood, would have been 38-1. He gets a lot of credit for his record at Memphis even though his team was playing in the "tough" Conference USA.

3G is building a very solid record for himself and will tie Self sometime around the 27th of February against Illinois State. (I predict)

Comment

He Who Shall Not Be Named has an official record of 0-2 in 2007-08. Therefore, Billy Self owns the most consecutive seasons of 30 wins. Soon to be joined by GM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
          Billy Self owns the most consecutive seasons of 30 wins. Soon to be joined by GM.
          The only difference will be that HC3Gv3.3 will have the tie breaker :)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            The only difference will be that HC3Gv3.3 will have the tie breaker :)
            And 3G's streak will be in progress.

Comment

WSU is developing a basketball record against the Chickenhawks similar to what the baseball team has against Texas -- never win during the regular season (well, almost never: I was there for the 54-49 win Fogler engineered at the Roundhouse); never lose in post-season play. Not a bad trade-off.

Comment

John Calipari
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                  John Calipari
                  Dude! You weren't supposed to name him! There's a reason he shall not be named!
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                    You are correct. The NCAA vacated his 2007-2008 results which, if they had stood, would have been 38-1. He gets a lot of credit for his record at Memphis even though his team was playing in the "tough" Conference USA.

3G is building a very solid record for himself and will tie Self sometime around the 27th of February against Illinois State. (I predict)
                    I'm really happy to hear that! I despise Pay-Pal Cal

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                      John Calipari
                      Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                      Dude! You weren't supposed to name him! There's a reason he shall not be named!
                      How true. If you must "name", just say "the squid".

Comment

The real question is can he keep it going next season and break the record... That will be a little tougher.

Comment

I think it's always difficult to win 30 in a season. However, I also think that given our returning players, we will have as good of a shot as anybody of winning 30 next year.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                            The real question is can he keep it going next season and break the record... That will be a little tougher.
                            Not easy, sure -- but even AFRE (After Fred, Ron, and Evan) there's going to be a lot of talent, a culture of intensity and winning, and the right coaching staff to make it all work. So it won't be a surprise to see the Shocks to drive for five. But first let's see 'em stay healthy and make it four.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                              Not easy, sure -- but even AFRE (After Fred, Ron, and Evan) there's going to be a lot of talent, a culture of intensity and winning, and the right coaching staff to make it all work. So it won't be a surprise to see the Shocks to drive for five. But first let's see 'em stay healthy and make it four.
                              No kidding, 30-3 going into the tourney is a hell of a year, and one never to be counted on.

Comment

Working...
                              X