Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockdaWorld
    replied
    I think the other issue may be the short time between when they say it is and when it is. We know months ahead of time when games will be. This is a week or so. Makes it a little more difficult.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerPhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
    But they still get 10,506 people on weekday games. If people aren't coming, it's not a time of week issue--it's a content issue.
    Also if the coach and administration don't take it seriously, neither will the public. Obviously us die hard fans like to take it seriously so we can get a good look at the new guys and it just helps break the long wait of the off season. But the more casual fan probably doesn't care enough to show up because it's not advertised as a very fun ordeal.

Leave a comment:

• _kai_
    replied
    Would be cool if they had it on a Saturday since we don't have football, and have a tailgate starting in the early afternoon with the festivities starting at 6 or 7.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
    Still a good point. This isn't a game, it's an event they completely control and if they wanted to maximize the number of people attending they probably should have it on a weekend.
    But they still get 10,506 people on weekday games. If people aren't coming, it's not a time of week issue--it's a content issue.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerEngineer
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
    I must have missed where the Shockers play all of their games on weekends.
    Still a good point. This isn't a game, it's an event they completely control and if they wanted to maximize the number of people attending they probably should have it on a weekend.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by rjl View Post
    Shocker Madness will be announced a week or two before the event and it will be on a weeknight, because, hey, why the hell should WSU give a **** if anyone from out of town would like to attend?
    I must have missed where the Shockers play all of their games on weekends.

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Shocker Madness counts as a practice. Marshall hates giving up a real practice to have a coached pickup game scrimmage.

Under Marshall, Shocker Madness doesn't take priority over getting the team ready for the season, so (apparently) it's viewed as a necessary evil. There's no need to promote the team to the public to sell tickets.
    I think a lot of this is pretty close to the truth. However, there can be benefits for promoting the public to the team, and potential future members of said team.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Shocker Madness counts as a practice. Marshall hates giving up a real practice to have a coached pickup game scrimmage.

Under Marshall, Shocker Madness doesn't take priority over getting the team ready for the season, so (apparently) it's viewed as a necessary evil. There's no need to promote the team to the public to sell tickets.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by rjl View Post
    Shocker Madness will be announced a week or two before the event and it will be on a weeknight, because, hey, why the hell should WSU give a **** if anyone from out of town would like to attend?
    Nailed it. Unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• rjl
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wusphlash
    replied
    Maybe with all the extremely elevated expectations we should have a "Shocker Reasonableness" instead...........................Naaahhhhhh!

Leave a comment:

• _kai_
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    So,did I miss the answer as to the original question of when it will be held? Or has no one answered that yet?
    No one has answered because no one knows the answer. We'll probably get an announcement in early October announcing Shocker Madness on Thursday the 15th. Last year it was on the 16th of October which was a Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• ShockdaWorld
    replied
    So,did I miss the answer as to the original question of when it will be held? Or has no one answered that yet?

Leave a comment:

• WSU Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    I would just hope that they set up specific rules for each of these contests beforehand. Too often it seems like they are set up on the fly with minimal organization. I know it's all for fun but let's not be sloppy.
    My ulterior motive is that maybe they will see this thread and put more effort into organizing the event.

Leave a comment:

• forevershockerfan
    replied
    Frankamp is a 'lights out shooter' but my prediction is Baker will win and Shamet wins the safe dunking contest that will rattle the tables at the local doughnut shops. Clean up on isle 1 baybay.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X