Shocker Madness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    After the madness, where five key players sat, this is my thinking on rotation (which hasn't changed much):

Starters:
    Fred
    Ron
    Evan
    Anton
    Bush
    I'm going a different direction

Starters:
    Fred
    Ron
    Evan
    Rashard
    Anton

I'm still seeing a possible shirt for McDuffie. He's got the talent to get some court time, but he isn't needed this year. He could use some bulk, even if he's a SF. Taylor is another candidate for a shirt.

I think Kelly can give us 3 years of Carl Hall and has a ceiling higher than that. Grady has a lot of post moves, so he might be more effective at the 5 than the 4. I think Shaq slides over to PF for a year.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I can see Grady playing some center, but I think the three best bigs (in no order) will be Shaq, Anton, and Rashard. Of those three, Shaq is the clear center to me. I think Bush is likely the 4th best player, and although I have him as a starter, I expect he will only play 10-15 minutes per game. I expect to see a lot of the big three; probably 18-20 mpg each. That leaves about 10 minutes for two of Rauno, Eric, Evan, or Markis in the front court.

It will be interesting to see where Zach fits in this year. With the advances of the big guys, I don't think we will see much Zach at the 4. With the progress of Conner and Landry, I don't think we will see much of Zach at the 2. Zach is a three and will be competing with Evan, Landry, and Markis. Will Mr Brown get pinched for minutes? How could he?
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        I'm going a different direction

Starters:
        Fred
        Ron
        Evan
        Rashard
        Anton

I'm still seeing a possible shirt for McDuffie. He's got the talent to get some court time, but he isn't needed this year. He could use some bulk, even if he's a SF. Taylor is another candidate for a shirt.

I think Kelly can give us 3 years of Carl Hall and has a ceiling higher than that. Grady has a lot of post moves, so he might be more effective at the 5 than the 4. I think Shaq slides over to PF for a year.
        I disagree with ya there. McDuffie is absolutely needed this year. Even if its only to score 2 points a game. Because if they're gonna win it all or make a final four they need every player and every contribution they can get. Teams are stacked this year, more so then I've seen recently

Comment

• Hamilton, McDuffie, and Taylor could all benefit from a red-shirt. I don't know that we will get a 5th year out of Hamilton and McDuffie however. Seriously, these guys might leave early for a paycheck.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Yea i dont see Mcduffie sitting a year, too athletic and I don't think you bring in a 4-star to sit a year. I think he can learn and benifit from what time he gets this year. I think recruiting wise we will be getting more Mcduffies and Shamets. Lets throw them in the fire, all hands on deck...

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
              Yea i dont see Mcduffie sitting a year, too athletic and I don't think you bring in a 4-star to sit a year. I think he can learn and benifit from what time he gets this year. I think recruiting wise we will be getting more Mcduffies and Shamets. Lets throw them in the fire, all hands on deck...
              Amen. Vanvleet never redshirted, he was a 4 star player. He didnt start but he certainly made an impact. Could be the same case with Markis

Comment

• Barring some real weird circumstance, no way Markis redshirts

Comment

• Agree, maybe an injury, or some personal problem, otheir than that Markis will be playing and contributing, how much, who knows. The kids got skills and will be an impact player in the future. Yea he needs to bulk up, but we have enough rebounders and bangers, I see him out quicking people and using his jumping ability to his advantage....

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Barring some real weird circumstance, no way Markis redshirts
                    Agreed, there will be too many garbage time and mop up minutes to feast on all year.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      He was going to be a manager at SMU under Larry Brown. He might of heard the hammer was coming down.

I would have bailed too.
                      And while we're at it, I despise most everything about Larry Brown. I know he's a cheat and a liar and he's as dirty as dirty gets. But he's damned good at what he does.

I'd hate to know how many NBA executives owe him their career, not to mention other head coaches. In a way, it's a shame he's as awful a person as he is.

That being said, in the here and now, LB can't carry Kellen's father's jockstrap. The alpha male resides in Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        And while we're at it, I despise most everything about Larry Brown. I know he's a cheat and a liar and he's as dirty as dirty gets. But he's damned good at what he does.
                        You mean lying and cheating? I agree

Can't blame Kellen for wanting to get a taste of the world outside of his dad's shadow, but sometimes you just have to realize that the best options reside in the family business.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Too early, but who is the backup point guard?
                            Here's my guess:

For the first eight games, in a situation that matters, probably Baker, with Shamet or even Brown as the backup SG. If they have some margin for error -- first half breather for the starters, or second half big lead -- probably Taylor. In more of a necessity-type situation, such as foul trouble for Baker when he would otherwise be playing PG, maybe Taylor or Simon, or maybe FVV works overtime.

Starting December 12, probably more Frankamp, depending on the matchup, with correspondingly more rest for Baker and more situational use of Taylor.

Comment

• Comment

• Here is ShockerHoops.net coverage of Shocker Madness. A great photo gallery with original photos from Taylor Wilkes at Dock 410. A couple great videos of dunks, and then my short recap on all the players that participated in the scrimmage at the end of the page.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X