Shocker Madness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocktop23 View Post
    What are the chances I could get my fvv jersey signed tonite?
    Somewhere I read specifically that they said no autographs would be available. So I'm guessing little or none unless you ran into him somewhere or you have connections.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
      Someone could broadcast it for those of us unable to attend via Periscope!
      I get horrible cell phone reception inside CKA. Always have. Not sure how well it would broadcast.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        I get horrible cell phone reception inside CKA. Always have. Not sure how well it would broadcast.
        Wait... You can get cell reception in CKA?

I thought that was just one of those crazy myths!
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktop23 View Post
          What are the chances I could get my fvv jersey signed tonite?
          Your answer is in the second clip... :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Reception at Koch is bad, but the reception at IBA is non-existent.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I get reception in CKA with Verizon on an iPhone, but I'm up high with the poor folks, so maybe that helps since I am actually well-above ground level. I listen to the post game show on my phone as I wait for the masses to trickle out.

Comment

• My experience with cell phone reception in CKA:
                Sprint: None.. Never could get any data to work
                Verizon: Much better, and my buddy would use Verizon and be able to stream other games while we were waiting around in our seats.

Comment

• I made a periscope account. ShockerHoops is the name. I'll give it a whirl. No promises on quality.

Comment

• Also, I'm getting there late because of having a job. 6 is a little hard to swing.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      I made a periscope account. ShockerHoops is the name. I'll give it a whirl. No promises on quality.
                      <--- First follower. =D I'll be watching if you can stream. Would be cool to see, even if only for a few minutes.

Comment

• We have geniuses running this thing. Not only is it on a weeknight, but it starts at 6:00. Great planning.

I'm lucky enough that I work pretty close to campus so I'll be there on time.

And yes, everything outside of Verizon sucks in the arena. More genius.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Meh. If it started at 7, everyone would complain that the part they want to see didn't start til 8:30 and they had kids to put to bed. If it was on a weekend, everyone would complain about it conflicting with college football or mowing the lawn.

Fact is, they put it on a weeknight when there aren't too many school/sports events, put the part most want to see at 7:15, and gave everyone more than a month's warning. That doesn't mean everyone can make it. Sometimes there are other priorities in life. But they can't plan around everyone's schedule.

Comment

• You're right. I'm ecstatic that there was more than a week's worth of warning this year. I should've stopped right there.

But a weeknight at 6 is much more of a dirtier option than the other 2 you mentioned. Now I know you're a stickler for defending the athletic department at all costs, but come on. Admit it. This is a shitty time for the event. Of course, they don't really care about how many that comes out so I guess the point is moot.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Heading to the "Chuck" with my wife! Our first time at Shocker Madness! Excited! Go Shocks!
                              Go Shocks!

Comment

• Oh and add the fact that there is no streaming option this year kinda solidifies the point even more.

Kai's periscope not withstanding.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X