Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What must happen to get us over the hump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jayhawks View Post
    As long as wsu plays crap teams all year then believe they are the best when all you have is vanvleet and baker led by Marshall but when they graduate things WILL get ugly Marshall will eventually go get a job at a power 5 conference school were he will have a real chance to win a title
    What did WSU do before Baker and Van Vleet were here or got serious minutes?

2011 30-9 NIT Champions
    2012 28-5 NCAA 5 seed
    2013 30-9 NCAA 7 seed Final Four

Oh and 78-65 LOL.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm a KU fan but I'm from Wichita I think wsu is a good team and will have a good year, but KU for the first time in a while has an expierenced squad both of the too main Kansas teams (kstate basketball lol) but I think KU will be the better team sorry die hard wsu fans (or bandwagoners for wsu they can be the same)
      You dont say I was thinking the same thing but then my brain exploded because I realized that of the too main Kansas teams (lol kstate basketball) that kstates experience will really shine like a furry sheep but not really so then really KanU (yes they can lol) will have more weapons on offences even thow there defence are weaker than porto ricos (okay okay maybe not that bad) but you know whats up and i am sure that kus excpierenced squad will be much better than wsus even tho wsu has three dudes with final four excpeiriense and a bunch of dudes also with some sweet 16 epxrerienses too and also the eccpereince of actually beating ku just two games ago but I bet they are steal scared of KU
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'd still like to see that player for player rundown. It will speak for itself.

Comment

As long as wsu plays crap teams all year then believe they are the best when all you have is vanvleet and baker led by Marshall but when they graduate things WILL get ugly Marshall will eventually go get a job at a power 5 conference school were he will have a real chance to win a title
          Does your mom know you are on the Internet, because I bet she'd be pissed if she found out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Does your mom know you are on the Internet, because I bet she'd be pissed if she found out.
            No, she doesn't because I'm busy kerplunking her right now between Ron Baker substitutions.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              No, she doesn't because I'm busy kerplunking her right now between Ron Baker substitutions.
              hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
                Don't feed the troll
                It's entertainment time while waiting on Ron.

Comment

I'm a KU fan but I'm from Wichita I think wsu is a good team and will have a good year, but KU for the first time in a while has an expierenced squad both of the too main Kansas teams (kstate basketball lol) but I think KU will be the better team sorry die hard wsu fans (or bandwagoners for wsu they can be the same)
                  The grammar, spelling, and punctuation (lack of) in this post is a stellar example of a KU education.

Comment

In most cases, I question whether or not someone actually went to KU but in this instance I have ZERO doubt this person did.

Comment

Is that you Rock Chalk Steve? We haven't heard from you for a few months.

"Just half a day left until we never have to hear you guys ever again
                      So, you guys ready for the whoopin' we are going to place on you today? Hopefully after we annihilate you, you guys will stop spewing smack about your sorry ass program and sorry ass conference. I know you guys are envious, but the truth is that we are the best team in Kansas, we will prove it today and you guys will never ever be anywhere close to as good as us. (After we kill you today)

Delete this thread if you want - it would be typical WSU fans who can't take the truth or a little truth talk. "

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                        The Shockers will be in the NCAA Tournament and should have a pretty good seed. As much as this is a simplistic response, here is the key to having our One Shining Moment: LUCK.
                        I agree luck plays a part in the tournament, but WSU has had more good luck than bad luck in recent years. I feel we got very lucky last year with our draw. We matched up really well against almost all the teams in our remote region. KU didn't have the skilled big men to really expose our lack of size. Perry is 6'8" and not the strongest player. Alexander is only 6'8" (he didn't play). All other Ku bigs weren't game changers. They were just guys.

Since you can't control luck, I feel having a defensive presence down low covers up this teams one main weakness. Having a 7 footer who can alter shots at the rim would cut down on the chances of us getting a bad match up come tourney time. We have the guys to play small and match up with any one. Unless Womakota (or Nurger, but I doubt that any time soon) can really take some steps forward, teams with skilled 6'10"+ guys are still going to cause us issues. Last time we has a 7 footer who could play great D we made the final 4.

Comment

Scoreboard! You tool! Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                            I agree luck plays a part in the tournament, but WSU has had more good luck than bad luck in recent years.
                            I highly disagree. In 2012, we got a very underseeded VCU team that played a gimmicky defense. It's hard to plan for a team like that in a tournament setting. In 2013, we got a Pittsburgh team that were predicted to be a Final Four team by many.. and ended up having one of the hardest roads to the Final Four ever, according to Ken Pomeroy. In 2014, we got a very talented Kentucky team that clicked at the right time, but also played one of their best games not just of the year, but in their program's history. If we got lucky one year, I'd say it'd be 2015 with the way our bracket was set up, but Indiana still shot out of their minds and Notre Dame was shooting line drives that were somehow going in.

I'd say we've been far from lucky, but when you play solid defense and have great backcourts (both we've been fortunate to have since Marshall's been here and have only gotten better), you can win in the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                              I highly disagree. In 2012, we got a very underseeded VCU team that played a gimmicky defense. It's hard to plan for a team like that in a tournament setting. In 2013, we got a Pittsburgh team that were predicted to be a Final Four team by many.. and ended up having one of the hardest roads to the Final Four ever, according to Ken Pomeroy. In 2014, we got a very talented Kentucky team that clicked at the right time, but also played one of their best games not just of the year, but in their program's history. If we got lucky one year, I'd say it'd be 2015 with the way our bracket was set up, but Indiana still shot out of their minds and Notre Dame was shooting line drives that were somehow going in.

I'd say we've been far from lucky, but when you play solid defense and have great backcourts (both we've been fortunate to have since Marshall's been here and have only gotten better), you can win in the NCAA Tournament.
                              I agree those things are unlucky. Especially the Kentucky match up. I would also say there was a lot of luck in the ending of the Gonzaga game. Every team feels their team gets unlucky come tourney time. My feels unlucky they got matched up against us. They generally feel we were way under seeded.

I'm just saying I don't feel our luck has been as bad as some feel. Every team feels their team has been unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                                I agree those things are unlucky. Especially the Kentucky match up. I would also say there was a lot of luck in the ending of the Gonzaga game. Every team feels their team gets unlucky come tourney time. My feels unlucky they got matched up against us. They generally feel we were way under seeded.

I'm just saying I don't feel our luck has been as bad as some feel. Every team feels their team has been unlucky.
                                We were seriously beating Gonzaga in the first half when the referees decided to change the way they were calling fouls. We were at a disadvantage for the rest of the half because we had to sit some of our best offensive players, Olynik was protected, and Gonzaga came back. That was unlucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X