Thoughts on Landry Shamet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

You hang jersey in rafters for players accomplishment at WSU. Landry has no accomplishments that warrant his Jersey ever being retired.
    He will be considered because of his reputation in the NBA. I don’t think he will be recognized but Cliff Levingston had few accomplishments and he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      He will be considered because of his reputation in the NBA. I don’t think he will be recognized but Cliff Levingston had few accomplishments and he was.
      I view Cliff in a different way. For the players who's jerseys hang, Cliff is the outlier. He never got a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd from any of the major national awards: NCAA, USBWA, AP, NABC, and the Helms (while it was consider a major). The other 4 whose jerseys hang have a total of 13. Ones who have not yet had their jerseys hung, Early has 3 and VanVleet has 1. Also, McBurney was a Helms AA.

Add: Just as Cliff got in as teammate of AC and X, Ron may get in as teammate of Cle and Fred.
      Last edited by ShockTalk; June 22, 2020, 10:12 AM. Reason: Past my bedtime.

Comment

Cliff L. played 3 Years for WSU and actually had accomplishments.
        A two-time first-team all-Missouri Valley Conference selection and a third team All-American by Basketball Times, Levingston left WSU as the Shockers¹ eighth all-time leading scorer (1,471 points), fourth all-time rebounder (965), and the fifth all-time leading shooter at 53.8 percent

He was part one of WSU NCAA tourney great run. Landry only tore his team apart and embarrassed themselves in the tourney.

Comment

You hang jersey in rafters for players accomplishment at WSU. Landry has no accomplishments that warrant his Jersey ever being retired.
          Agree 100%

Comment

Cliff L. played 3 Years for WSU and actually had accomplishments.

He was part one of WSU NCAA tourney great run. Landry only tore his team apart and embarrassed themselves in the tourney.

I seem to remember WSU (led by Shamet) beating a really good Dayton team in a borderline road game then dropping a heartbreaking 3 point game against a Kentucky team (in what was essentially a road game) with not one, not 2 but THREE current NBA STARTERS and Landry had a little something to do with keeping WSU in the game. Am I remembering that correctly WuShock16 ? I don't remember feeling embarrassed or thinking the team was embarrassed.

Comment

• We had 6 seniors, including 1st Team All AAC center (Shaq), two of the best shooters in Shocker history in Landry and Conner, and team full of hard working guys. We were expected to challenge for a Final 4 with that group. Getting that UK matchup sucked but we shouldn’t have been in that position to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                We had 6 seniors, including 1st Team All AAC center (Shaq), two of the best shooters in Shocker history in Landry and Conner, and team full of hard working guys. We were expected to challenge for a Final 4 with that group. Getting that UK matchup sucked but we shouldn’t have been in that position to begin with.
                We actually played UK the year before we had 6 seniors. The 6 senior year was the first year of the AAC which by regular season accounts was pretty dang good (ranked Top 10 most of the year) but had our worst flop in the tourney in a while (Marshall game)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  Add: Just as Cliff got in as teammate of AC and X, Rod may get in as teammate of Cle and Fred.
                  That's "ROB" Baker. Not Rod or Ron.

I have heard on a national telecast (from I don't remember who) that his name is actually Rob Baker.

Comment

Landry only tore his team apart and embarrassed themselves in the tourney.
                    Yeah, you are going to need to explain this one, because this is an absolute garbage statement if I've ever seen one.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yeah, you are going to need to explain this one, because this is an absolute garbage statement if I've ever seen one.
                      I'm really scratching my head on that one... Landry is one of the most "stand up guys" you'd ever hope to find.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

• I have only good things to say about Landry. The only thing I wish would have been different, is that he would have tried to play his Freshman year after his injury, at the end in the NCAA Tourney. I don't know how that decision was made and by who (may not have been LS), but he could have helped us move on.

Comment

I have only good things to say about Landry. The only thing I wish would have been different, is that he would have tried to play his Freshman year after his injury, at the end in the NCAA Tourney. I don't know how that decision was made and by who (may not have been LS), but he could have helped us move on.
                            Still makes me sad to this day. A team with Van Vleet, Baker, Shamet, Frankamp, Morris etc etc .... Never got to see it ... That was literally a title contending team without injuries ...

Comment

• Shamet will shine plenty of light on WSU, trust that. His NBA career is going to be really really good, and while his accomplishments at WSU are missing some meat on the bone to hang the jersey for WSU Accomplishments.

But it's not to say we can't invite back one of our favorites for some type of special honorary event. Or maybe they'll hang his jersey. Either way, Landry is a great ambassador for WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Still makes me sad to this day. A team with Van Vleet, Baker, Shamet, Frankamp, Morris etc etc .... Never got to see it ... That was literally a title contending team without injuries ...
                                That 2015-16 team had all of the bad breaks during that year. Fred was injured to start the year, Shamet was injured soon after, followed by Grady. Frankamp was ineligible for the first semester, and never gained traction that year. Any other injuries or bad things happen that year? That was a better team on paper than the year before when we went to the Sweet 16, and that team still beat a very good Arizona team (6th Seed I think) in the tourney. Grady was good early, but never really recovered to play to his capability consistently following his injury

Comment

Working...
                                X