Not a bad choice..

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      No not bad. But the cheap option and no where near their options 1-3

• AlienHog
      AlienHog commented
      Editing a comment
      Would like to see him at Arkansas, he's not in the same tier as HCGM though. I've seen 100's of rumors like this though from reputable people the past week.
      Last edited by AlienHog; April 7, 2019, 10:37 AM.

• I don't see GM being interested in UCLA simply because of the difference in taxes he would have to pay.
    In addition, who would want to take their family to LA ?

Comment

• I personally thin Musselman is a touch overrated. He went all in on JUCO's and transfers and couldn't even win a game in the NCAA's with his best assembled team yet. He definitely had to get out of Nevada now because next year will be a complete rebuild there.

Probably the best candidate available for a school like Arkansas though. I predict he won't last more than 4 years.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        Didn’t they go to the Sweet 16 last year? This year was a disappointment though

• Wonder how long until Hogville starts posting that GM is "kicking himself" for not accepting their low-ball offer

Comment

• AlienHog
        AlienHog commented
        Editing a comment
        Meaning we should have offered him more? I'd agree to that, although I don't think anybody knows for sure what the offer was. Our BoT and boosters are really frustrating sometimes. He deserves elite money

• Stickboy46
        Stickboy46 commented
        Editing a comment
        Being elite in the 90s means nothing now though. 2019 recruits have seen Arkansas win a total of 3 tourney games in their lifetime. You don't retain eliteness you have to maintain it

• AlienHog
        AlienHog commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, but having a framework for it in the past makes it easier to obtain. Even if it's not maintained it leaves behind a lot of money, facilities and fans

• Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Would be a bad hire, imo. Mediocre coach who managed to hit it out of the park for a year. 55% winning percentage and he's closing in on 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Would be a bad hire, imo. Mediocre coach who managed to hit it out of the park for a year. 55% winning percentage and he's closing in on 20 years.
          I'm not sure VT wants to spend to get an elite coach

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            It’s straight up comedic at this point how every year at this time anywhere from 1 to 6 P5 fanbases are all “we’re backing up the Brinks truck for your coach, little Shocker fan” and then a week later some coach from the 17th ranked conference who’s had a good season or two is announced for yawn money.

Almost like they don’t have any idea what they’re talking about. Like ever. Like everytime. It’s Groundhog Day the movie for us, only instead of each repeat being infuriating it’s instead humorous.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Almost like they don’t have any idea what they’re talking about.
              News flash, SV -- It's not almost; it's fact: they DON'T have any idea what they're talking about.

Comment

• I've seen a lot of ar-Kansas bashing in this thread, and it's not fair. We should all be a little more sympathetic towards the plight of ar-Kansasians. You see, in ar-Kansas, light travels much more slowly; as if having to pass through a wall, a wall that blocks all logic or reason. Forcing the poor ar-Kansasians to live in a world of darkness. Time also slows down in ar-Kansas. It therefore takes much longer for information and knowledge to travel from one ar-Kansasian to another. Please observe these examples of the effects of the reduction of the speed of light and time on the state of ar-Kansas:

Modern day ar-Kansasian telephone service:

Modern day ar-Kansasian internet sevice:

Modern day ar-Kansasian television:

So please, less hatred for the ar-Kansasians. Have sympathy for the ar-Kansasians. AND PLEASE, donate as many hammers as you can. It's the only way to knock down that wall of stupidity which the ar-Kansasians are trapped behind.
                "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                  Shocker Mama commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is that middle photo the one where they are tracking flights day and night?

• Arkansas offers none of the characteristics that would be within the makeup of a perfect job that would get him to move.

Chance of national championship / prestigious conference - AAC has changed that narrative

Top of the food chain at bb school - nope

Compensation - arky is hamstrung by football coach pecking order

Local ties - nope

Professional, well-executed coaching search - arky doesn't seem to comprehend that GM isn't going anywhere where he's played out in public as second fiddle while bring low-balled.

Basically they offer very little in what it would take to get him to leave at this point in his career - on top of a bungled amateur hour search.

Comment

• Is there any evidence that an actual conversation and offer actually happened ?

Comment

• choida
                    choida commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's going to take a blue blood program or somewhere where he grew up...South Carolina is always a job I feel him would listen really closely to. Virginia possibly...

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  Is there any evidence that an actual conversation and offer actually happened ?
                  “Sources”, and untraceable aircraft that don’t show up on flight following websites but are somehow still being traced.

It was hush-hush, almost like he was never there. Picture Zero Dark Thirty minus all the helos, baddies, and killing, plus some catered food and a swag bag.

Comment

• JVShocker
                    JVShocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Contact Norad. If they can track Santa, they can surely track a basketball coach.

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So in other words, no -- just more message board fake news.

• I seem to remember one of Marshall's interviews (I think it was sometime in the first five years) where he mentioned he didn't want to coach past 60. Well if I remembered correctly about that interview, he is now 56 so we may not have that much longer to "fret" about this problem. I personally don't want him to leave, but I think he also mentioned plans to spend some quality years on the beach in SC surrounded by family. Things change, so do people, so don't really know what the man is planning. All I can do is thank him for all the good years and great things he has done for our program, and all the outstanding young men he has brought here. I liked Chris Jans (everyone makes mistakes especially when alcohol is involved) and I think he will always be grateful to GM for being his friend after "the incident." That being said, no one but Chris knows what he wants and a retread at WSU may not be it. He may have bigger plans. Let's just hope we graciously weather all the remaining years of rumors, until such time as they are no longer rumors.

Comment

• I do not believe that Arkansas gave Marshall a lowball offer.

If there was even a phone call, I suspect Marshall listened long enough to know who was calling, realized what the call was about and then said "No". Pretty much like I say "no" to the caller from Microsoft Tech Support who tells me they have been receiving reports of errors on my computer.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Dan
                      Dan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      3G has an agent. He doesn’t have these conversations directly unless it starts getting serious.
                  Working...
                  X