The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
    Arkansas, I understand the #metoo optics, but why not do yourselves a favor and hire Chris Jans? Would work for significantly less and you might not be looking for a new coach in 3-5 years.
    I want Jans to get PAID but after all this garbage I sure don't want Arkansas to end up with such a good coach
    There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

• Gregg Marshall has said "No" to Arkansas according to this guy.

Not a surprise to anyone on Earth other than Arkansas fans who still think they can get Chris Beard.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
        Gregg Marshall has said "No" to Arkansas according to this guy.

Not a surprise to anyone on Earth other than Arkansas fans who still think they can get Chris Beard.
        They had an entire thread about that ... but then merged everything and locked it

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffrey Korchek View Post

I want Jans to get PAID but after all this garbage I sure don't want Arkansas to end up with such a good coach
          They can hire Jans .. then when Marshall retires we can hire him away from them ... Let them know their REAL place in the CBB world.

Comment

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            That's EXACTLY the kind of experience he needs to get ready for this program. Perfect.

• The guy was a relatively frequent fly-in guest of Wichita as well when he was alive. Thank God I'm A Country Boy!

Comment

• They've now pivoted back to Beard. Saying the new coach announcement won't happen for a week or two after he has taken a team to the final four and potentially NC game then he's going to leave for a school that he has no ties to. Okiedokee...

Comment

• I've been more entertained by this round of Marshall hiring rumors than anytime in recent memory.

But probably the biggest revelation for me in this entire process was being reminded that the University of Arkansas has a basketball program. Kinda forgot about that.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Nm

Comment

• Though I know the merry go round gets a bit old, it is a good thing for GM to say no to these programs rather than just come out and unequivocally say he isn’t interested in entertaining any options.

It is is good for WSU for tons of obvious reasons.

Comment

• Wonder what is considered a better coaching gig...Texas Tech or Arkansas? I want to say Tech, but not 100% sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                      Wonder what is considered a better coaching gig...Texas Tech or Arkansas? I want to say Tech, but not 100% sure.
                      I was literally just thinking the same thing. Seems to be a lateral move to me. I mean if he got Arkansas going, I'm sure it could be played up to be a better gig. But given all the variables (including conference affiliation), I just don't see much with Arkansas. Other than some hills and trees, Fayetteville, Arkansas isn't much different than Lubbock, Texas.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• rjl
                        rjl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If you are into mountain biking, Northwest Arkansas is one of the premium spots in the entire country. But I can't see a BB head coach having much time for that.

• Arkansas has better fan support and some actual basketball history, but I don’t see why you’d leave a school where you just went back-to-back Elite Eight and Final Four for a school that needs another rebuild.

If both schools were open, Arkansas would be the better job, IMO. The work Beard has done at Tech though has made that a better job for HIM.
                      The Assman

Comment

• One has won a National Championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                          One has won a National Championship.
                          Do you defend the SEC and the South against everything?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                            Downtown Shocker Brown commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Obsession noted.

I do find it weird that you are so obsessed with me that you call out a Big XII-2 team getting slighted.

Especially when the only thing said was a 100% factual and indisputable statement.

• ShockerFever
                            ShockerFever commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You're one weird hombre.

I also made a factual statement that you were unable to respond to but instead deflected. Par for the course.

UNLV also has won a National Championship.

• Fayetteville is a great place to live other than the woo pig suey bs and Walmart traffic. Isnt there a song about Lubbock Texas in the rear view mirror ?

Comment

Working...
                          X