The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone over there posted this gem.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      It's comments like this one (from a moderator, no less), that prove most of the morons on these boards know next to nothing about the situation, and less than that about anything else:

What an ignorant asshole.
      I mean ... can you blame him? Midtgaard looks like a thug ... (joking)

Comment

• Shocker Mama
        Shocker Mama commented
        Editing a comment
        Or Thor. Maybe he meant to say “collection of Thors.”

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Asbjorn needs to let his hair grow... he sued to have the 'bad ass Conan the Barbarian' look.

It's comments like this one (from a moderator, no less), that prove most of the morons on these boards know next to nothing about the situation, and less than that about anything else:

In the two years we've been in the AAC our classes have ranked 2nd and 3rd in the conference. In a conference with UCONN, Cincy, Memphis, Temple, SMU, etc.

#STRUGGLING

You have to give them some leeway though. They're a spurned lover, like if Sofia Vergara passed them on the sidewalk and she didn't return the smile and eye contact sort of spurned lover.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

lol too predictable.

Man, that didn’t last long. Well, there goes my Friday afternoon entertainment.
      Ok, fun might be over now. They combined all the Gregg Marshall threads then locked it lol

Comment

• IMO, we are very, very close to this yearly event of is he staying / is he going from ending. First off, our jump to the AAC GREATLY improved the WSU heading coaching job. WSU now has the ability to compete with any school, outside of the blue bloods, for recruits. They can get in the living room of any recruit that is not a 1 and done. That wasn't possible in the MVC. WSU is now on par with many schools that would of been a step up from us 3 years ago. I feel this essentially eliminates 70% of the job openings from Marshall even considering them. Arkansas is profoundly more appealing to Marshall if we are still playing Drake, Bradley, and Evansville every year...

Secondly, Marshall is rapidly approaching 60. He is not a young coach any more. Him being considered for jobs each and every year is going to decrease, because big time universities don't want to hire someone that will potentially retire in less than 10 years. Why hire a Marshall at 56, when you can hire a Beard at 46?

We are extremely close to the day where Marshall will essentially be locked in at WSU for as long as he wants to coach.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        As a practical matter, Jhook, he's already there. The only respect in which he doesn't have a "lifetime contract" is that they don't call it that.

Alabama could afford to back up the truck -- they have one of the highest grossing, most profitable programs in all of collegiate sports, plus a football coach who's paid so much (and always will be) that they could offer Marshall a huge raise and still easily preserve their internal pecking order. Yet they couldn't pry 3G away.

So now, Arkansas fans think their athletic department, which has none of Bama's advantages, will be able to reel him in, presumably on the strength of their proximity to Walmart's Bentonville HQ? Good luck, hogs.

• Jhook89
        Jhook89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, but if Roy Williams retires and UNC comes a knocking Marshall may very well take that job. Our move to the AAC has eliminated the Arkansas' and Alabama's of the world from appealing to Marshall, but there are still jobs that would appeal to him. One of my points is he is approaching 60, so those appealing jobs that may come a knocking are less likely to happen.

• They merged all of the Marshall threads and locked it up.

LOL!

From 'we gon' to hire yer coach' and 'flightaware is saying...'

to...

'stop talking about this it never happened'

...all in the course 180 minutes. Amazing! Have never seen a more ridiculous sports forum, and yes they even eclipse the solar system of gasbag ***holes over at phog.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Ok, fun might be over now. They combined all the Gregg Marshall threads then locked it lol
        Party’s over folks.

And some of them were so sure of themselves too.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
          SHOCKvalue commented
          Editing a comment
          Best one yet after all these years, I really think.

I’m pretty sure they call the half court line the “50” and making a basket a touchdown.

Seriously, Arkansas basketball is about as irrelevant as they come. And I’m just talking about their own conference. I mean, who are they even above?Vanderbilt? Georgia? Maybe Alabama? Talk about a dreg.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• You guys would be better off staying away from the cesspool. We have it pretty good around here

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Party’s over folks.

And some of them were so sure of themselves too.
            To add even more fun to this 180 degree turn around, I noticed this morning that the Bradley board of course had a dedicated thread talking about how Marshall was going to Arkansas ... using the same random outlets as proof. Of course with their normal trash talk.

They have since fully deleted that thread ...

Comment

• This can't be! Dude said he had a source close to WSU......

AND IT WAS A DONE DEAL!!

well, I be damn.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                Stickboy46 commented
                Editing a comment
                Dang Washington State Insiders ...

• Didn't this all start because there was a plane going from there to here? Gee, who would send a plane to this hick town?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Here's the guy, if anyone wants a shot. Really a pretty disgusting thing he said, in light of its baselessness plus the fact he's a media member. There's nothing even slightly thuggish about this years team, personality- or behavior-wise, so the comment is pretty much dripping with racism. I'm not someone who feels the need to point that sort of stuff out at the first slight, but dude should really receive some professional feedback on the comment.

Comment

• XManCometh
                  XManCometh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wouldn't consider a "freelance sports columnist" a media member. Pretty much anyone can do that and join the FWAA/USBWA if they pay their dues (which is only $50 each if you want in!).

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kinda looks like William Shatner to me...

• choida
                  choida commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kinda looks like a trump sup....

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                Didn't this all start because there was a plane going from there to here? Gee, who would send a plane to this hick town?

Yes .. and something involving an envelope ...

Comment

• Arkansas, I understand the #metoo optics, but why not do yourselves a favor and hire Chris Jans? Would work for significantly less and you might not be looking for a new coach in 3-5 years.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                  X