The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
    Should have held on to Mike Anderson. I don't think that Steve Alford or Ben McCollum are going to be significantly better.

I laugh at hogville a lot and was banned during the 2015 Super Regional that they stole. That being said, I am pretty jealous of some of their user names. Not a college sports message board in the country that can compete with names like Mr. Porkleone, Hogmatic, Hogeyeblind, and Porkrindjimmy.
    Surely there has to be a Porkinmysister in their username list, right?
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• OregonShocker
      OregonShocker commented
      Editing a comment
      It's everyone's first choice but they quickly find out it's already taken.

• BostonWu
      BostonWu commented
      Editing a comment
      How bout Porkinmycuzzin

• SHOCKvalue
      SHOCKvalue commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL @ OregonShocker!

• The Arkansas fans literally think they have a line of big name coaches waiting for this job. That they have offered Musselman and Marshall but are waiting to hear from Beard first. This is coming from a school that has 3 total NCAA wins this century.

To put that in perspective, the new coach (whoever it is) will be recruiting kids that have seen Arkansas go through more coaches (5) than win NCAA tourney games (3) in their lifetimes.

Comment

• HAHAHA

So apparently whatever offer they through at Marshall included a heavily backloaded salary to avoid paying him more than their football coach, and that's one of their big concerns.

Comment

• All of these coach “leaks” are a ruse to make it look like Arkansas is willing to open the checkbook but their advances are being rebuffed. The reality is that they will eventually hire someone for around 1.5 mil, which is what they are intending to do the entire time. They just don’t want to piss off the fanbase in the process.

Comment

• Couldn't avoid watching their train wreck, so had a gander.

Who was it on here that said they'd deny ever offering the job to him in the first place on the back end of all of this? Yep, that's happening. Whomever that was, you win this week's worth of SN posts.

Also saw that our MBB program is the same as the Sun Belt's UALR, and our campus is akin to some UA satellite campus in Fort Smith. Comedy gold.

Hearing there's a shortage of grilled crow for lunch today in AR.

Never seen a bigger proportion of choads on a sports forum.

Comment

• At the rate this is going, they are going to have to hold open try outs for a coach ...

Comment

• OregonShocker
              OregonShocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Or a lottery game for boosters

• After the post about the radio guy saying they got turned down, the board has taken a predictable shift: Well we are waiting on Musselman and Beard anyway. Gregg wouldn't agree to the backloaded contract, etc..

Comment

• In all our years of offseason GM rumors I have never seen a more delusional fan base than that of Arkansas. "But, but, but we were so good in the 90's...."

Comment

• The name I'm hearing now is Tarkanian.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                  Shocker Mama commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ha!

• SHOCKvalue
                  SHOCKvalue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Also purported to be making a late run at Rick Majerus.

Really late.

• ShockBand
                  ShockBand commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well in that case I know where Naismith and Phog Allen have been spending the last several years.

• Anyone follow what they were saying about Isaac Brown - something about UA wouldn't sign off on bringing him over? Now I don't believe there's any truth to 99% of what's said in these matters I wasn't quite following the posts regarding Brown and found it really bizarre.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                  Shocker Mama commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Something about him getting in a fight with one of their players.... But that whole forum could use some mental health leave.

• Bring Corliss Williamson back. You're not legit until you try to bring back one of the past stars

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  After the post about the radio guy saying they got turned down, the board has taken a predictable shift: Well we are waiting on Musselman and Beard anyway. Gregg wouldn't agree to the backloaded contract, etc..
                  lol too predictable.

Man, that didn’t last long. Well, there goes my Friday afternoon entertainment.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

lol too predictable.

Man, that didn’t last long. Well, there goes my Friday afternoon entertainment.
                    Oh there is plenty of entertainment to be had. The backtracking is comical too. They now have 6+ million to spend ... but only for Beard ... Marshall wasn't worth it ...

Comment

• WstateU
                      WstateU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good stuff... LMOH(old&hairy)AO!

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    Couldn't avoid watching their train wreck, so had a gander.

Who was it on here that said they'd deny ever offering the job to him in the first place on the back end of all of this? Yep, that's happening. Whomever that was, you win this week's worth of SN posts.

Also saw that our MBB program is the same as the Sun Belt's UALR, and our campus is akin to some UA satellite campus in Fort Smith. Comedy gold.

Hearing there's a shortage of grilled crow for lunch today in AR.

Never seen a bigger proportion of choads on a sports forum.
                    Oh c'mon now, you've had to have visited Phog.Net at least once for a laugh :smug:
                    "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                    Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• It's comments like this one (from a moderator, no less), that prove most of the morons on these boards know next to nothing about the situation, and less than that about anything else:

I imagine if Isaac's propensity was to get into fights with players, this most recent Wichita team would have provided plenty of opportunity. Really a solid collection of thugs. I have to wonder if this is what Marshall would recruit here. All that success, the undefeated season up to the Round of 32 a few seasons back, all the other success, and it doesn't look like recruiting has been all that stellar at Wichita in the last couple of years. Van Fleet and Ricky Longbomb carried Greg's past four teams a long way.
                    What an ignorant asshole.

Comment

• WstateU
                      WstateU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Again... LMOHAO!

• Shocker Mama
                      Shocker Mama commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thugs?! Somebody ought to send that to HCGM.

• rjl
                      rjl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Man. That dude is so ****ing jilted. He just couldn't handle that the program he thinks is so great is actually dogshit and can't compete with WSU, and he's left holding the reigns to a message board for a 2-10 football team and a basketball team that can't afford a coach.
                  Working...
                  X