No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Marshall were to be suddenly abducted by aliens, I assume Jans would be our first and last call, and our program wouldn't miss a beat. NMSU fans want Arky to hurry up and hire Fran or Alford so they can get off pins and needles from the potential domino effect.

Comment

• Yeah, wasn’t to excited about kelvin sampson. Amazing how people think these guys at big programs are just gonna bolt

Comment

• Originally posted by Ripper View Post
        You wouldn’t believe the coaches my delusional fellow fans think we should “go after”. Mark Few, Donovan, pitino, brad Stevens.

I think Steve Alford is the most likely name out there. He loves the Ozarks and took Missouri State to a Sweet 16. He'd be a great fit in NW Arkansas in my humble opinion.

Comment

• AndShock
          AndShock commented
          Editing a comment
          So Jans is toxic but rape-defender Alford is fine.

• LuskingforGuttin
          LuskingforGuttin commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe in an ideal world Alford would be toxic too. But a blue blood hired him later.

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Yeah. I get it. You want a big splash because the SEC is a dick measuring contest.

But Chris Jans will have you getting the last laugh. He's the coach you can get who will have you winning. Dude is legit.
        Ha! It is a dock measuring contest! Unfortunately I think it’s reached into basketball now what with a$m paying what they did for buzz

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post

In the #metoo era he is definitely toxic. Doubt a high visibility program takes a chance on him for a number of years if ever. New Mexico State is going to be good for a long time.
          Nah. Jans didn't harass women; he harassed everyone in that incident. He was an equal opportunity asshole.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
            Downtown Shocker Brown commented
            Editing a comment
            He was an asshole among assholes. Not defending what he did, but he was far from the only one out of line.

• Man, people on the message board mostly hate Alford for some reason. Associate with Bobby Knight I guess. Which is funny since they want Beard so bad

Comment

• Steve Forbes would also be a good hire for Arkansas.

Comment

• Hmm, don’t know much about Forbes

Comment

Man, people on the message board mostly hate Alford for some reason. Associate with Bobby Knight I guess. Which is funny since they want Beard so bad
                They don't like him here because of the Missouri State/Wichita State rivalry that we used to have back when they were in the Missouri Valley. Alford dominated Randy Smithson so the Wichita people have never appreciated him. He is a very demanding coach but a good man.

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                  Downtown Shocker Brown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No issue at all with Alford. Very good coach. Very good man. Was smart enough to leave SwoMoSt.

• LuskingforGuttin
                  LuskingforGuttin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It seemed like a good choice at the time but I have heard that the biggest regret of his coaching career was not staying in Springfield longer and then maybe landing the IU job. He never felt fully supported by the AD at Iowa.

• Sorry, I meant the Razorback message board. But interesting to know

Comment

Sorry, I meant the Razorback message board. But interesting to know
                  I think the perception nationally is that he didn't set the world on fire at Iowa. He did really well at New Mexico but that is a really easy job to win at before there was that state budget crisis that kept them from spending money on coaches after he left. SEC fans care little about Valley or MWC success for the most part. He was pretty average at UCLA if you are measuring them by blue blood standards. He didn't have the success in Westwood that Ben Howland did. It's harder to sell that to your fans when you just got rid of a coach with a very similar profile and were maybe expecting to get Sampson, Marshall, or Beard. That is my take on why Hogville is a little cool on Steve.

Comment

You wouldn’t believe the coaches my delusional fellow fans think we should “go after”. Mark Few, Donovan, pitino, brad Stevens.
                    Coach K has been at Duke a long time. Surely he wants a change of scenery and would jump at the chance of coaching in the vaunted SEC.

Seriously though, you guys should look at Forbes. WAY underrated coach with experience in the SEC.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Ha! It is a dock measuring contest! Unfortunately I think it’s reached into basketball now what with a$m paying what they did for buzz
                      A&M did the same thing for Turgeon. Lots of money and not much else.

Comment

• I heard Gregg is leaving for Arkansas and Austin is leaving OU to play for him.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I'll give Arkansas fans one thing: They sure do think highly of that basketball program that hasn't done anything in 23 years. I've never seen so many people try and talk up a program that hasn't been relevant since before Marshall even became a head coach.

Comment

Working...
                          X