The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post

I are smart enough to realize this is sarcasm. But they could do far worse than him.
    The name Porter Moser was thrown around yesterday and my sides still hurt from laughing as I watched their board collectively **** themselves.
    "Say it slowly and savor it..."
    Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

You guys can rationalize this all you want, but HCGM would be a moron to take the Arkansas job. There is a reason it's been a mild dumpster fire since 1996. All these schools set their sights so high thinking they call pull these great coaches. It happens every year. Like Oklahoma State thinking they could get Bill Self from Kansas. Why in the heck would Chris Beard leave Texas Tech for Arkansas? I mean seriously.

Ipredict Arkansas lands someone like Richard Pitino who could use the upgrade in pay and facilities, or another retread like Steve Alford.

The team WSU has right now has Elite 8 written all over them. Why would you leave 2-3 more years of that for Arkansas? A school that was dumb enough to hire Mike freaking Anderson. One of the most average coaches of all time. AND THEY THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT HIRE.

If Arkansas is here today like some think, then Gregg is using them to get more cash from us. Just like he did with Alabama. And honestly, after the season we ended up having and the coaching it took to get us there, he probably deserves it.

However, despite what I just said, if HCGM is dumb enough to take that job, then we'd better get on the phone with Chris Jans immediately.
      Good post. I have a few quick thoughts:

Oklahoma State thought they had a shot with Bill Self because that is his alma mater and he has very fond memories in Stillwater. He was Barry Hinson's roommate and he met his wife at Eskimo Joe's. They were banking on nostalgia to give them a chance. And he probably considered it for a brief moment.

If my math is correct, Gregg Marshall has been to the exact same number of Sweet Sixteens as Mike Anderson. I really am a fan of him as a coach. Genuine good guy who isn't a lunatic on the sidelines. That is probably a reason for Marshall to stay away, if MA can't win there then it might be a tougher job than I am giving it credit for being.

Comment

• As far as Chris Jans, I don't think the Arkansas people have enough smarts to hire him; they're looking for a name with more splash, and they think they can get it. If they had any self-awareness, they'd junk that Sooie call....

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I’m definitely more concerned since you heard it from the VIP forums.
          Very Important Pigs??

Comment

• "You can eat a lot of steak and hamburger and pizza for what we're making at Wichita State . ... I live on the golf course. We have a beautiful backyard. My wife has four dogs. She gardens. We fly around on private planes to Napa and back to South Carolina. We have a good life, man."

Comment

• He's probably shopping it for a raise. Can't blame him. He's earned his check so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                He's probably shopping it for a raise. Can't blame him. He's earned his check so far.
                I'm not even convinced he's shopping.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

I'm not even convinced he's shopping.
                  Probably not, but if I was in his position, I would lol.

Comment

• OregonShocker
                    OregonShocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, but you gotta be careful not to go to the well too often. Crying wolf stops working after a while...

• He's always said that he will listen, as anyone should in his position. As far as actively shopping, I doubt it.

Comment

• Arkansas.... lmao.

rofl lmfao lol hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

BREATH.

AAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Comment

• Arkansas is wanting a name brand coach, but will they get one is the question. With Tennessee getting Rick Barnes, Auburn getting Bruce Pearl, Miss St., getting Ben Howland, Ole Miss getting Kermit Davis, Texas A&M getting Buzz Williams, they too want to follow suit with a splash hire. I don't blame them for trying or thinking they can land HCGM.

Before too long, HCGM's name will start being thrown around for the LSU job once they get the Will Wade controversy settled. Prepare yourselves.

Comment

• WstateU
                        WstateU commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LOL! He'll go to LSU when monkey's fly out my arse…

• I'm already tired of Arkansas fans. A lot of smack talk about WSU's program for a team that has won 3 NCAA tournament games since 2000.

Comment

• Rick Pitino! Why not? It's the SEC, they don't care about sexual deviancy and rules and stuff.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• moshock
                          moshock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Does Rick's sister live in Arkansas or something ??

• And Arkansas allegedly already tried for Sampson and Musselman, unsuccessfully. Bet HCGM would love being their third choice.

Comment

• WstateU
                          WstateU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's comical...

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Rick Pitino! Why not? It's the SEC, they don't care about sexual deviancy and rules and stuff.

I believe Rick Pitino is too toxic for Fayetteville.

Comment

Working...
                        X