i dont disagree, but couldnt this been posted in the game thread
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Don't slap the backboard. Period. 8)
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
        If that is what happened, then it is an automatic technical. You just don't do that.

Comment

shades of carbondale his freshman year.

who cares the tech is only a symptom of why they lost today not the cause.

Comment

It was a good call, if they had called it for hanging on the rim then that would be a TERRIBLE call, but he slapped on the backboard.

I know Beasley gets away with it, but it's against the rules, good call by the refs.

Comment

It's an automatic. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                If that is what happened, then it is an automatic technical. You just don't do that.
                He did it and deserved it. It's considered showboating and there is a zero tolerance policy against it. Period. 8)
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

He did it and deserved it. It's considered showboating and there is a zero tolerance policy against it. Period. 8)

Actually no, it isn't automatic. I witnessed Michael Beasley do it against KU at Manhattan after a dunk. He did it with both hands after he pulled himself up by the rim. No T there. It was blatantly obvious as well.
                  "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                  -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929

Actually no, it isn't automatic. I witnessed Michael Beasley do it against KU at Manhattan after a dunk. He did it with both hands after he pulled himself up by the rim. No T there. It was blatantly obvious as well.
                    yea but they get away with it, because they are in the BCS
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                      Originally posted by BA2929

yea but they get away with it, because they are in the BCS
                      If we want to become more than a "mid-major" shouldn't we expect the same calls as the big bad BCS schools? A simple "Don't do that again PJ" would have worked.
                      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

He slapped the backboard and the ref was not incorrect in calling a technical in that situation.

Just don't slap the backboard and you don't have to worry about it.

A brain cramp by PJ. They missed both free throws so the immediate effect was irrelevant.

PJ picking up his 4th foul was significant. But again PJ has no one to blame but himself.

Overall though PJ played a terrific game and has finished off his senior year very nicely playing very well down the stretch.

Comment

To me it looked as though he didn't slap the backboard to showboat, but rather "balance" himself before letting go of the rim. A little too quick on the whistle in my opinion.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker
                            To me it looked as though he didn't slap the backboard to showboat, but rather "balance" himself before letting go of the rim. A little too quick on the whistle in my opinion.
                            I had the same impression, AZ.

Comment

That's a call that simiply does not get made in a BCS game.

Comment

Working...
                              X