WSU vs Drake game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock
    I like Gal but he's proving that he doesn't belong out there...period.

It's okay if he doesn't help the team to a degree but he's starting to hurt the team with his play.

I don't think that he's going to be back next year and I would expect Coach to pickup another four players in the Spring signing period...I think he's got to.
    I think if Gal had gone to JUCO it would have helped him tremendously. I'm sure he'd even be a star in D-2 or at a smaller conference in D-1. He's shown good skills, but he makes poor mistakes and can't separate for a shot, he just needs more work on his game. He's still very raw.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• The Missouri Valley referee situation is libel to send a very good coach running for another job they stank all year and today was no different.
      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

• Although they didn't get the wanted result, this group busted their ass today. I was impressed with their effort and they have absolutely no reason to hang their heads. They basically played with 7 guys and left nothing on the floor.
        Nobody likes to lose and I'm not into moral victories, but hard work will pay dividends - eventually. 8)
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Drake got 24 free-throws the 2nd half. Wow! We had 15 turnovers and they only had 7. JT and Gal were just not in-tune out there today. We need them to step it up in St. Louis and PT to make it back and healthy. HCGM just said it best. He said "WE NEED FOR MORE GUYS TO PLAY WELL!!!!!!! DO NOT FEAR ANY TEAM YOU PLAY! JUST RESPECT THEM." That sums up this Season thus far. This team is fighting and we have a shot to win some games this year!!!!!!!
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Great effort... nothing to be ashamed of.
            :good:
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef
              Although they didn't get the wanted result, this group busted their ass today. I was impressed with their effort and they have absolutely no reason to hang their heads. They basically played with 7 guys and left nothing on the floor.
              Nobody likes to lose and I'm not into moral victories, but hard work will pay dividends - eventually. 8)
              :good: :good: :good:

I, like many of you, suffered through seemingly endless misery in the 90s and there were countless teams/games that I was embarrassed to support.

This is not one of those teams. These guys continue to put it all out there with everything against them and almost no rewards. They are to be applauded if not saluted.

To me, it's still a great day....... :wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

• Doc you've said it best.

Everybody better get their licks in this year.

Comment

• A reflection of the coach, aided by our four seniors and Clemente.

Comment

• It is just Drake's year thus far. They beat us by 10 on their home court on ESPN2. Hope to see them again soon at St. Louie. We need a solid finish to a very tough year. St. Louis will likely be our "Big Dance" this year. We get to start a new mini-Season. We do have to win a game to get in the tourney---but what the heck. Stranger things have happened to teams that get hot in March. Maybe just a break or 2 could keep us afloat for a few games? On paper, NO!!! However, we will be playing between the lines. We will come out swinging, and if we do go down, it will be in a blaze of fighting and scatching and clawing in the muck and the blood and the gut-checks baby!!! Stay tuned!!!!!!!
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Random thoughts from drake...

-- Were told we suck and we should head back to sticksville on the way to the arena by a guy with a semi mullet and a fat dip in.

-- Sat down in our seats behind the bench and were asked by Drake Event Staff what section we were in.. we responded section M after looking at our tickets, he turns and tells the Drake fans yep this is section M.

-- Numerous Drake fans asked us how our team was doing this year, I thought at first it was an attempt to throw a jab at us, but they really had no clue.

-- Saw some gold and black scattered throughout Knapp, but upon closer inspection it was just Iowa hawkeye gear

-- I thought the refs were fairly even thoughout, bad, but even. How do we have 5 fouls the first half and 7 in the first 3:40 of the second half?

-- Did not see Cooz hit the backboard. Was jumping up and grabbing for the Go Shockers banner, was later told he did actually touch the backboard.

-- Drake has a cracker box high school gym. But it was rockin. I know they usually average 4,000 until they started winning, but it was a great atmosphere. Nowhere near Koch, but still a great crowd.

-- Emmenecker crosses over and pushes off with a dipped shoulder on every dribble drive, but he is quick. It's hard to root against him.

-- Loved the way we fought today. You are going to have to drag Cooz and Matty B off the court the last time.

-- I'm looking forward to St. Louie, lets go steal a tournament!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X