X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU's trials test Marshall in new ways

:posterwu: :posterwsu: :goshocks:
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

I think Marshall will be a better coach in 3-5 years because of this tough season. I'm really looking forward to the 2009-10 season (and to next season too).
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Anybody think there's an underlying meaning to this quote by HCGM, mainly the section in bold?

"I'm not going to answer that question right now. I can't win by answering that question. I can't win with people in South Carolina or at Winthrop. I had a pretty good lifestyle there. I saw this as an opportunity to move to a bigger, better basketball situation. And I still believe that. It's just going to take longer to get there."
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
        Anybody think there's an underlying meaning to this quote by HCGM, mainly the section in bold?

"I'm not going to answer that question right now. I can't win by answering that question. I can't win with people in South Carolina or at Winthrop. I had a pretty good lifestyle there. I saw this as an opportunity to move to a bigger, better basketball situation. And I still believe that. It's just going to take longer to get there."
        No.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I think CGM is already a better coach. The adversity he faced this year made him search for answers that he might not have to had to, at least for awhile.

I have seen adjustments made in games, especially at the end of the season, that indicate to me that he is, indeed, catching on to how the MVC plays ball.

I am willing to bet that game plan strategy and bench coaching will be much better next year because of what he experienced this year. Plus, he will have more time to prepare the team for next year.

I know Coach if focused on Defense, but I have seen different variety of Offensive sets lately that were successful. Coach Jans probably was a big help with that.

We will have a different look and feel next year, and we are going to come to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
            I think CGM is already a better coach. The adversity he faced this year made him search for answers that he might not have to had to, at least for awhile.

I have seen adjustments made in games, especially at the end of the season, that indicate to me that he is, indeed, catching on to how the MVC plays ball.

I am willing to bet that game plan strategy and bench coaching will be much better next year because of what he experienced this year. Plus, he will have more time to prepare the team for next year.

I know Coach if focused on Defense, but I have seen different variety of Offensive sets lately that were successful. Coach Jans probably was a big help with that.

We will have a different look and feel next year, and we are going to come to play.
            ...with Head Coach Gregg Marshall.

Comment

The only thing left for him to do on the coaching end.....figure out how to use a time out at the end of games especially the close ones.

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929

I don't think he wanted to offend anybody from his old school or the state of Carolina.

Comment

copy and paste this into your browser.....pretty cool video of Coach Marshall talking about his success at Winthrop and what kind of opening it would take for him to leave Winthrop.

Comment

Originally posted by melcong4
                    link

copy and paste this into your browser.....pretty cool video of Coach Marshall talking about his success at Winthrop and what kind of opening it would take for him to leave Winthrop.
                    Haven't seen him that happy in awhile, I look forward to seeing him smile more next year.

Heck I'd love to see the team give him something to smile about in the next few days and weeks.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

He did look really relaxed -- haven't seen that since --- forever. Hope to see that same look on this face next year.

Comment

I see nothing negative in that article. Its one of the things I like about HCGM- his style and ability to be a straight shooter. :posterwsu: 8)
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                        X