No announcement yet.

Hutch roll call - NJCAA discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a different subject, I've always thought it would be cool if WSU would play an exhibition game at the Sports Arena. It could really bolster support in a town made up mostly of fans of other schools.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      On a different subject, I've always thought it would be cool if WSU would play an exhibition game at the Sports Arena. It could really bolster support in a town made up mostly of fans of other schools.
      Royal, that is a great idea... one that should be presented to JS and HCGM.
      :good:
      SFL is back!

Comment

Maybe not an exhibition, but maybe some pickup games?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
          Maybe not an exhibition, but maybe some pickup games?
          I see your point about an exhibition… we would lose some serious $$$$ not having it at Koch. How about a controlled scrimmage against the Dragons, KU or KSU at the Sports Arena?
          SFL is back!

Comment

anybody know how much the tickets are?
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Problem (for fans) with a closed scrimmage is that it is NOT open to the public.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
                Problem (for fans) with a closed scrimmage is that it is NOT open to the public.
                "controlled"
                Whatever that is? At least an open scrimmage where fans can attend.
                SFL is back!

Comment

I could actually see WSU making more money this way.

Remember, most of the seats at an exhibition are already accounted for via season tickets. I don't really see the need to discount those for the loss of one exhibition game.

The only real loss would be concessions, which could easily be made up through actual ticket revenue.

Let's say they charge $15/ticket (offer discounted prices for local HS teams). If they sold 6000 tickets (1500 under sellout), that's $90k in gross revenue. I don't know what it would cost to rent the arena, maybe $5-10k (shooting high), plus another $5k in other expenses and WSU could net $75k. Let HCC keep all concession revenue.

Comment

So what time would that game be? I may have to try and get off work a little early to make it up in time. With Hutch not being in it, would I be able to get a ticket by walking up?
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      So what time would that game be? I may have to try and get off work a little early to make it up in time. With Hutch not being in it, would I be able to get a ticket by walking up?
                      The game is at 8:30 Tuesday night.

I have a question pending with the folks handling tickets (American Legion) as to whether GA session tickets can be purchased in advance. I'll report back when they return my e-mail.

GA tickets for Tues & Wed early sessions, and all evening sessions are $10. Reserved, if available, are $12.

NJCAA Ticket Info

Comment

Went on a Friday or Saturday night last year. It stormed about 10pm that included hail. Nothing like running through a parking lot over to the armory.

Comment

It's called good exercise, Ben!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
                          If it feels good - do it!

Comment

I emailed the ticket committee Friday and they answered by email and attaching a ticket order request. The cost is $50.00 (plus $2.00 S&H) for the all session pass. The form allowed me to make specific seating requests and they said they would comply with those requests where possible. So at this point I don't know where I'm sitting. If you decide to try to get a specific seating area for the group please post it so I can change my seating if possible. Thanks.

Comment

Would you who have been there in the past expect to be able to walk up and but a ticket? I'd hate to do it in advance in case I can't make it as I have to close every night that week. Also, I'm not sure if my brother will be able to go. We talked about it earlier since KU also has a recruit playing. I'd also had to drive to Hutch only to be turned away.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sub, I will try and get an answer to your question through the ticket folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X