Going Retro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Retro?

Pueblo Central, home of recruit Devon Manning, went retro for a game this season...

Anyone think that we should bring back that style?? I have seen many a football team and baseball team bring back retro uniforms, but this is the first I have seen of a HS basketball team.

Most of the times whomever is the responsible for supplying the uniforms will "remake" a certain jersey for a team.

The short shorts is a new phenomena though that was recently brought in to the light when the Lakers and Celtics played each other.

Id prefer not to have those short ass shorts though.

Comment

I don't care to ever see another guy in those shorts ever again! The only thing worse is being at the beach in Florida and seeing a bunch of older gentlemen in speedos!

Comment

I don't believe I've seen a picture of Manning. Downtown, do you know if he is one of the players in this pic?
        In the fast lane

Comment

He is 32, farthest right. I'll post a better one in his thread.

Comment

outside of my critique on the shorts I think the uni's look good. I love the blue outline on the tops as well as the shorts.

The lettering could be better but to be honest looks like they literally pulled these out of storage.

I forwarded the pic to Paul Lukas of Uniwatch. I couldnt find an article on the game in question or if it was a one time thing. *He asked alot of questions* Only thing I could tell him is we were recruiting one their players and you posted on here.

Comment

Here is a link to the article.

Comment

Those shorts might be a little too short but I think basketball shorts need to be a lot shorter than they currently are, especially the teams using the new unis like Ohio State, Florida and Syracuse. I don't know how those are even classified as shorts anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

I forwarded the pic to Paul Lukas of Uniwatch. I couldnt find an article on the game in question or if it was a one time thing. *He asked alot of questions* Only thing I could tell him is we were recruiting one their players and you posted on here.

That is such a good blog. Everytime I read sportswriters bashing bloggers I just think of him churning out a thousand words every day on uniforms, and it's always funny and interesting.

Comment

Were are the socks with the three stripes?

Comment

These are HS kids. They had to draw the line somewhere!!

Comment

striped socks >>>>>

Comment

All the ladies like those 'Retro' uni's ... LOL

Some of today's shorts look like 'Kulattes'. I mean when they are bagger and longer than the plaid (up on the ribcage) baggy old men shorts, then it is going to far.

Comment

Where are the Chuck Taylor's?

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
                              Those shorts might be a little too short but I think basketball shorts need to be a lot shorter than they currently are, especially the teams using the new unis like Ohio State, Florida and Syracuse. I don't know how those are even classified as shorts anymore.
                              I agree. Lose fitting is fine. Wearing capri pant length shorts is not.

Comment

Working...
                              X