Update on Phil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Phil

The good news is that the x-rays were negative, but he is going in for an MRI this morning.

If I was him id keep it wrapped and iced today and stay on crutches until Friday night/Saturday morning

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
      If I was him id keep it wrapped and iced today and stay on crutches until Friday night/Saturday morning
      I'd even sit him on Saturday against Drake. The game means absolutely nothing. Get him healthy for Thursday night and then a possible rematch with Drake the next day. That being said, I'll be in attendance on Saturday and hope for a Shox victory. :goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219
        I'd even sit him on Saturday against Drake. The game means absolutely nothing. Get him healthy for Thursday night and then a possible rematch with Drake the next day. That being said, I'll be in attendance on Saturday and hope for a Shox victory. :goshocks:
        If we win Thurs, aren't we just as likely to play Ill State?

If we are the #10 seed and we win Thurs, we'll play Ill State.

If we are the#9 seed and we win Thurs, we'll play Drake. I believe.

Comment

As far as Im concerned every game means something. But thats just IMO.

As far as Phil playing Saturday If he can and the doctors say he can than he should. Maybe have him come of the bench though.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
            If we win Thurs, aren't we just as likely to play Ill State?

If we are the #10 seed and we win Thurs, we'll play Ill State.

If we are the#9 seed and we win Thurs, we'll play Drake. I believe.
            Yeah we could be the 10 seed, but that would take UE beating UNI and then beating us in the tiebreaker. I believe it is strength of victories since we split in the reg season. Our different wins are ISU blue at home for us and Bradley on the road. They would have CU and UNI at home.

And SIU could slide up to the 2nd seed also, they are just 1/2 game behind ISU red now and they play in Carbondale on Saturday.

Also, ASM, I should have worded differently, the games always mean something. Confidence with this group beating Drake there on senior night would be huge. What I was saying was implying no need for Phil to get further injured prior to the MVC tourney with that being our only shot (long shot) at making the Dance.

Comment

I agree

Comment

According to the Eagle, Evansville has the tiebreaker because they beat CU.
                I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInKC
                  right now they, do but things can still change in the valley standings
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

4. Creighton 9-7
                    5. Bradley 9-8
                    6. Ind St 8-8
                    7. UNI 7-9

Bradley plays @ Creighton
                    Ind St plays @ UNI

The tiebreaker is determined by the end of season standings. There still could be some movement from these teams. I would rather be the 9 seed and play the 8 and then possibly Drake.

Comment

4. Creighton 9-7
                      5. Bradley 9-8
                      6. Ind St 8-8
                      7. UNI 7-9

Bradley plays @ Creighton
                      Ind St plays @ UNI

The tiebreaker is determined by the end of season standings. There still could be some movement from these teams. I would rather be the 9 seed and play the 8 and then possibly Drake.
                      i agree, i really wanna stay away from playing Ill state if possible. Now if SIU ends up being the 2 seed, i wouldnt mind it so bad being the 10 seed.
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I'd rather play Drake than ISU on friday.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm worried about playing MSU on Thursday.
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316

You have every right to worry. We will not beat MSU.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                              Originally posted by SpanglerFan316

You have every right to worry. We will not beat MSU.
                              I'm a homer, but must agree with you.
                              SFL is back!

Comment

Working...
                              X